Tuesday, February 5, 2013

So how did the Highway Hooker become Cooter?

HAZZARDAYRE TAG 1toewnotes cover

It was 1981, Salt Lake City AutoRama, after months of 25 hour days getting our General Lee together to go to that illustrious custom show, of which many thought was more real than the hollowed out one Hollywierd had brought, I was in our provided motel room, thinking one night. Neither myself nor Bro looked anything like Bo or Luke Duke, and although was a force to be reckoned with, Dukes we weren’t, but I did resemble Cooter (Ben Jones) of the show at least the image on TV. Both Cooter and I looked alike, drove a tow truck in a tiny farm town, built hot rods in a small farm town and in reality the General Lee was always parked at the shop, well together made the real honest to goodness Hazzard County Garage in Hazzard(Hagerman) Idaho, well , REAL. So I put the Highway Hooker label away on a back shelf, took on the handle of Dixie Toewing coupled with the Hazzard County Garage, and that was the foundation for the creation of the Hazzard County Knytes, that today hails as the Knytes-of-Anarchy.

The club changed names in 2008, as many of the members wanted to lift the club out of so much rural, into more urban/rural. Which I and a few others thought was dumb , but hey we were the minority of the club. The majority ruled and change was made.

After that the similarities between us and the Sons of Anarchy came. We stated in numerous blog entries and media blasts, that we were more OTR truckers than bikers, but like bikers, loved an open road, few Smokies(cops) and good fast food. Most liked hotter women , and so on.

But then a thing happened, the real, SAMCRO MC contacted me, from reading the blogs, we made a agreement, and HCC and a small part of the Knytes became part of SAMCRO MC , and became the Idaho Charter, thereof. In exchange we got some financial help which we needed and still enjoy.

However we have not forgotten our Hazzard roots, nor gave up on what we are truly about.

So to answer , where , or how I became Cooter of Idaho. Now you know.

In light of that however I must say, that as of this year I gave up that title. Ben Jones deserves that handle and I give that up, but not my love for all things Hazzard. I will carry two, namesakes, AyreWolf and Highway Hooker. But Dixie Toewing and the Hazzard County Garage still are alive.

Bed time, more again in the PM, but this was a question asked on the radio show Monday night so I thought I’d tell you.

L8R Ya’ll

HAZZARD AYRE WINGSmy sig{3}


Quote of the Day:
True friends stay friends.
--Al
Psalm 33:4-5“For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
koa5  HAZZARD TAIL 1_thumb