Tuesday, October 10, 2017

You might glance at scriptures prepping for a church talk, but do you ever really read your scriptures?

Of the millions of Church world wide I often wonder how many really read the Book Of Mormon, or any scriptures. 
Here lately I've been doing that intensely and have gotten to where I like it. Not only is this activity enhancing my spiritual health, but its also entertaining as well. When you get into the 24th chapter of Mosiah and you read of the difficulties most of those in the stories thereof were having you come away with a greater understanding of your own trials. Like me with this mess with my rent this month. 
For those including my former Bishop and great friend Mark in Evanston. I remember him asking me as I was loading up one morning, if I was sure about moving? The thing at the time was 4 fold. First my drivers license was about to expire on the 1st, and even though I had a temp license, still need the hard one to get checks cashed etc. So then too, my precious Shelly, just could not get along with the Evanston population at large, and loss of shop, mounting bills I had little choice. Although looking back on it, had I scrubbed the move, took the extra that Shelly sent, and paid off the bills, and stayed put, which would have been much better than what I'm going through right now. Even to the point that I can't go to Church here in fear of my personal safety. Hope Mark reads this and gets in touch with my Bishop here and sees if he can get me some help on my rent problem here.
Although I had much of the same problems there in Evanston that I'm having here, it was smoothing out some. But I made the move, killed the General darn near, which is what caused my malfunction here now. But in Evanston, I still had friends who really cared and a family of sorts through our Ward there. Sure many of them were not sure of me, yet, I was comfortable with them, and felt close to many. 
I often think too , of the many converts of the Church verses us who were born in and of the Church. I was born into the Church and raised on it. I have no doubt that I have a Father in Heaven or no doubt that Jesus Christ is my savior as well as brother in Heaven. Just don't know why he has his back turned on me now when I need him the most. Yet when I read in Mosiah about the trials of ancient profits in Zarahemla and thereabouts and Abinadi and so on, I think if they can triumph so can I somehow, the usual somehow, is a bestowing of love and miracles of Heavenly Father. 
I ponder on the ideas of the concept of church members who know of our scriptures, but do they really read them. Do they think of what is being said, and do they pray on these teachings. Do they comprehend what is being said, and do they take heart and allow their souls to absorb them? Scripture reading should not be a chore, or sense of duty, but a pleasure. I love curling up on my delapadated sofa, and allowing the warmth of scripture pour over me like syrup over hotcakes. 
Any mile hope Mark reads this and gets in touch with my Bishop here and gets my Ward here in Wendell to help me with the rent problem. 
TTYLY