Friday, August 13, 2021

At 06:00 I just died, and am barely functioning even at this hour.

 


Usually, I'm on a quest to be on the air, every night, all night. Over the last month, that regularity has not been that regular. The working conditions, here in the studio on Ash Street North, have been such that the AC as hard as it tries, just can't correct the infusions of thermal energy. In short, it's just been too dang hot to work inside the studio, let alone get anything uploaded. That's going to be cured here in a few weeks as we move to other quarters, on Twin Falls' main street. But it goes even further, I have been plagued by weekly heat strokes, sunstrokes, ingesting smoke from fighting fire from the air. Hey, I'm 62 on the skyway of life, and what didn't bother before, does now. Most days I don't even know if I'm awake or asleep. The only harbor in the sky of turbulence is this radio studio. That being that it comes back, that from 16:00 to near 03:00 it's just too dang hot to work. So we are restructuring our schedule to get me on air while the weather and physical conditions are of such that I can deliver my best. Oh yes, there are lawsuits being set up to making those responsible from landlord to Lumen, to others that is going to give restitution to the WolfPack, as well as the Knytes. So that's why I'm not regular right now on air. 

The bottom line, hell is going to be paid, and the Reaper is not that far off. 

Was it just my imagination? Or is the idea that Newsmax, as well as Fox News, and a few all news networks, at least on TV, having problems, in the technical department. While you don't see it, there are techs that are catching heat(no pun intended) for snubs on guest infusions, aka streams from guests panelists. Not to make matters worse, the big Cyber Symposium, that Mike Lindell, was throwing for 3 days? He says debauchery, I say some techs that are not that too tightly wrapped. Which brings me to this. There's Podcasters, hobbyists, and such, in reality, people trying to being in radio or homebred broadcasting that have no real basic broadcasting skills. Not just in the studio, in front of the mic, but those behind it. This is one of the things that We were championing, over two decades ago. I remember the first, stream, albeit primal, still I connected a ISDN Phone line to a makeshift, console, in our home near Hazzard. Through KART AM 1400, with Larry Hunter in the studio at KART. The first real broadcast stream. Yup, WE DID IT. Satellite TV? We already had that operational in the mid-1980s. The list goes on, but we were doing this long before many of the explosion that is today's webcasts/podcasts. There is a difference. Why? Nobody else would carry it in our area, including much of Metro-Utah wouldn't. And as its been said, more today, just as in Field of Dreams, If we build it they will come. We built it, they came, but it would be nice to get a bit of the credit. 

As it is, as the afternoon grows it's now 91 degrees, I'm wet as a virgin on prom night, So sitting by a mini AC unit. 

See ya'll tonight.