Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Highway Hookers are more aware

HAZZARDAYRE DAILY BREEF HAZZARDAYRE TOEW TYMEZ HEADER

We who own and drive a toew truck for a living, are most likely more safety conscience than perhaps the run of the highway OTR hauler. We see what could happen long before it does, and anticipate the obvious as well as potential dangers. It may have to do with the fact that we deal with recovery jobs that are nearly impossible in areas that could easily kill us. From working off a bridge to recover a drowned travel trailer, to a simple toew off a busy highway or interstate. So when going trailer trucking yesterday for a local farmer through American Staffing of which I’m now contracted to generate some extra income during the slow summer months, I began noticing all kinds of dangers and serious safety issues that could cause a major incident as well as plain hurt me. So after mentioning this to my potential new employer, it was mutually agreed this was not the hauling job for me.

Farm accidents hurt, maime and kill all too many people each year. While people in production agriculture, aren’t making any real money these days, still , skipping a safety issue, like a ladder up the back of a grain truck, bed that is too short, without any anti skid prevention , no handles to secure me better in my ingress or egress, to clutch pedals that are not greased, yes there is a grease zert up under there. The list goes on. But it was determined early that I was not Mormon enuff to work for these brothers in farming, nor was I going to jeopardize my safety, due to these farming brothers, needing to save a few dollars.

Something else will turn up, so I’m not really worried.

Another item here is the former exemption of farm truckers not having a CDL, if operation is from farm to grain bin, or within 100 miles. Anybody driving a truck over 26,000 gvw for hire, needs to do several things, one have a class correct CDL , fill out log books, and have a valid DoT Medical Card. Anyone cited for violation will find a fine of up to $25,000.00 both employer as well as driver, that’s $50,000.00 that I’m not coughing up, because these farm bro’s can’t afford to hire OTR haulers.

As for me? I’ll stay going toewing.

L8R Toew Bro’s,

ACOOTER SIGN OFF ACOOTERS AD


Quote of the day:
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have never deceived us. - Samuel Johnson
Psalm 46:1“[Psalm 46] For the director of music. Of the Sons of Korah. According to alamoth. A song. God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
a HAZZARD REBEL TAIL UAITATOEWINGLOGO

truckHOOKER