Thursday, August 11, 2011

Highway Hookers don’t go down easily

HAZZARDAYRE HEADER AYREWOLFS BLAWG HEADER

Tuesday was one of those days that comes around once in awhile that makes one do a not at all favorable self inventory. Of skills and abilities. However once I’d slept it over on Wednesday , I found that not everything was my fault nor due to lack of ability.

When it comes to trucks and trucking, few have logged as many accident free, ticket free, legal miles as I have. The fact that I had been put in a truck that I was not familiar and thus had trouble finding gears , was again not due to inability, as just being rusty. The fact that I had been out snagging and toewing the night before, being woke up Tuesday at noon, being hungry so much that I could have eaten a horse and chased the rider, plus being stung under my arm from the previous load was part of the problem. Adding to this was being eye-balled by a barely wet behind he ears kid, as to judge my skills, excuse the hell out of me. Given the chance to redoux that skills test would be a blessing. However I’m not holding my breath.

That said, I know that come this winter or at some time these same people are going to need a toew. The fact that in a few days, some regulatory inspectors are going out to these fellers place to do a records, inspection, truck inspection and a CDL inspection, might inspire the same farmer brothers to do a rethink of canning my ass before I could really show them what I can do.

Maybe a few impromptu mobile scale weighings , and log book inspections, not to mention truck inspections, hey, I never get mad or angry, I just get even.

Considering , Charlie, at least Charlie and A1 out of Twin Falls, at least Charlie gave me the chance to get to know the equipment, for a few days, and get my feet wet is the difference between someone that needs an employee and skilled professional, and someone that really should not be employing anyone, except family.

End game here; nothing much has changed, here at Cooter’s A1 Toewing and AyreWolf Aviation, its just that its going to take a bit longer to get there. That said, I’m rudely reminded the only person I can really work for or be employed by, is myself.

Final thought, Highway Hookers don’t go down easily, if we go down at all.

L8R Ya’ll

AyreTag2  awmaa logo2


Quote of the day:
The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it. - Leo Rosten
Psalm 119:14“I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
a HazzardAyre Tail dxe toe ad1