Monday, May 5, 2014

Radio Diary

hazzardayre pic 2HAZZARDAYRE RADIO JOURNAL

B4 I get into my usual rant here need to relate this to you.

While I like in part the design that our web engineer came up with for a logo, many of you told me it was not a welcoming greeting. Stemming to our older SOA days which slowly we are distancing away from, and easing back into more of our Hazzard County roots. This>HazzardAyre PICscares people, while this>hazzardayre pic 2explains more of who we are and what the radio show and its network is all about.

Okay then, I awoke with a call from some bill collector in Salt Lake City trying to reach another person who once held our phone number. The old legacy phone number assignments no longer apply. I can remember all of the ones we ever had as a family, in both Utah and Hazzard Idaho. It used to be Utah like Idaho had one area code. While Idaho has still only one, Utah has three now. #801, 435, and now 385. Those are of the variety attained due to cell phones. With the proliferation of thousands of cell phones a new area code had to be created. No big deal, but it does become a problem for business and Comcast amongst others don’t seem to understand that, as once a customer gets YOUR phone, a change in a number or area code means a lost customer, that YOU have to now renegotiate with to win back, and that means big money.

I tried like heck to get Comcast to kick up at least the last 4 digits of the same number we had in Idaho 9653, which relate to the word WOLF, as in AyreWolf. But for some odd reason, maybe its from less population or something but it was funny, that I could get nearly the same number with Syringa as I had with CenturyLink, 9653. Yet Comcast said they could not accommodate that. Okay fine. But this also relates to terrestrial radio.

One of the big problems with terrestrial or over the air radio, is that once you gain a listener who most likely will buy a product and or service that one of your advertisers offers, if you move your spot on the dial, or change call letters or both you just lost that listener.

With online radio such as ours we have not forgotten the point on the OTA radio spot on the dial of conventional radio. Our places in Idaho have remained right where they are at for 31 years. You know if your truckin or flying through southwestern Idaho, you go to our station in Buhl(105.7 FM) or West-Point Idaho(1090 AM) or Strevelle Idaho at (105.3 FM) that you tune us in. And of course 93.5 FM being where our signal blankets metro Utah from Woodruff Utah. HazzardAyre is there along with the rest of our programming , Dixie Diesel Radio, Highway Hooker Radio, and the original, AyreWolf Radio. All of which we’re rebuilding into HazzardAyre Radio and the HazzardAyre Radio Network.

Legacy radio must then be anchored, and remain steadfast. Once your listener can’t find you, or you change formats, call letters you just lost that listener.

Now before I go. There’s been some confusion on my fusion of on air handles so I’ll try to explain.

When I collided nearly with all things Hazzard County, the natural course was for me to become the living embodiment to the on TV character Cooter, that Ben Jones portrayed, on the Dukes of Hazzard. It wasn’t that I felt insuperior to Bo Or Luke Duke, but I didn’t have the flowing locks of blonde as of Bo, and I wasn’t fit enough to be Luke, but I did, and do drive a tow truck, fixed cars and built hot rods in a tiny Kountry town and so the natural progression was I be Cooter, so it is, so it is. However from my days in the Marines and from a quick statement from one of my supervisor at Deseret Transportation here in Utah, that I was in fact the Wolf in amongst the sheep(Mormons) that instead of taking that in a bad way or insult, I capitalized on it. So I restarted my OTR(over the road Trucker) radio career as the Rode Wolf. However that would change in 2001. Once I regained my love of flight and putting together a radio show for those in love with vintage warbirds and all, and with me being one of the lost sheep of the VMA214 BlackSheep, one of my production crew assistants said why not just be the AirWolf. Not bad, but Bellisario, and Universal would have no part of that, so seeing the name Ayre on the side of a 55 Chevy, as in Belayre 2 door hardtop, I reworked it all and Bazzinga AyreWolf.

Which I have became and is now for most of the west has became a household or at least a incockpit name. But with that understand, I am still the AyreWolf, and will be, but when the need is there, at times, Crazy Cooter as in me and HazzardAyre will be also, both are me.

That’s the Wolf, on today’s Radio Diary.

TTYLY(talk to you later ya’ll)

wynged sigAYRE TAG


Quote of the Day:
By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.
--George Carlin
Philippians 4:6-7“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.

co logo AYREWOLF RADIO TAIL

promo shotpleasent view tail