Friday, August 10, 2012

One messed up teen, are the rest this bad?

a NEW HazzardAyre blog heddereyes on burley

I have resided in just about every town in both Idaho and northern Utah that there is.

I have seen community decay beyond anything I ever read in the Bible in the days of Jesus, and yet only once have I seen youth so troubled as I have here in Mini Cassia .

When I first moved here it was kids both teen, tween and near infant, gravitate towards me, because I looked kind or something, in Rupert. Two small girl kids, two older and one tween girl.

Then I moved here to Burley, on my own porch nobody bothered me but then here at the Powers it was this kid named Austin, who thinks I’m a decipel or something. Every time he needs advice about the hidden world his parents choose to keep from him, he comes to me. If he needs help fixing a bicycle, he comes to me. The list goes on, but he’s so damn clingy its creepy.

Who the hell made me the teen guru here? Why do these kids, gravitate towards a Marine aviation mechanic with a GED that does most business Hazzard County Confederate Outlaw style?

It cain’t be, because I have money, shit most months if I ain’t towing I’m really owing. If it were not for my military pension that I have to fight to maintain, and Social Security that I have to shield all the time, I’d be a broke biker with a helicopter and a tow truck.

Is it something else? Like perhaps local religious oppression? Are these teens so scared shitless of the real world out there beyond the big mountain that they need to learn things from someone whose really seen the other side?

So I tuned into this show called Totally Biased. Which did not impress me one bit. Which blends in with the topic here. TV is not giving our youth any more , role models. When I was growing up, we had everything from Major Matt Mason, to the Green Hornet. There was of course AirWolf , B.J. & The Bear, and of course the Dukes-of-Hazzard. Here was the show that changed my life. It wasn’t so much Bo & Luke Duke, it was the moral compass that Uncle Jessie Duke set every week. He gave great advice that you could really apply to life. Of course too there was my on screen person Crazy Cooter, that phenomily mirrored me and my life. Here was a guy that looked simple enough, had nothing to show off for, who ran a good old home town repair garage, and yes drove a tow truck. And amazingly looked a helluva lot like me.

Of course without the Dukes, I’d have lost it when my Mom passed away in 1983. It was not just a call or card, but the fact that most of that complete cast showed up at my Mom’ funeral in tiny Hagerman(aka Hazzard) Idaho.

Kids today don’t have these role models. TV has failed them. And music? Its all about hate. What about the soul classics? Like Shaft from Isaac Hayes? Earth Wind & Fire, Eric Clapton? No its rappers rapping about how bad their life is. Lets get back to real music. How about putting Waylon on radio? These TV networks show movies that show everything but taking off clothes and getting hinky. I have an idea , how about CMT putting on the MoonRunners, The pilot movie to the Dukes? The only show running with any morals and all is Sons of Anarchy. Which is why we in the Knytes adopted the whole package and molded that image and images into our own spectrum. Not so much about bikes and bikers, more over we are about big rig trucks and old skool trucking. There is a correlation there but that’s a subject for another time.

Friday’s edition of HazzardAyre Radio will look into the lost youth of Mini Cassia. We’ll even have a few in the studio.

Stay Tuned

awlvz logomy blog sigHCCLOGO1


Quote of the Day:
If all economists were laid end to end, they would not reach a conclusion.
--George Bernard Shaw
Psalm 46:1“[Psalm 46] For the director of music. Of the Sons of Korah. According to alamoth. A song. God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
HCG LOGO

DIXIE SHIELD hazzardayre tail