Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The only Confederate White radio personality who is not dating a Kardashian, Yet!!

hazzardayre blog coverHAZZARDAYRE AFTER HOURS

Ever get the feeling like your in the wrong media market?

I’m beginning too. Yet creating not only my own show every day, of which all experiences are fodder for, but also creating my own radio stations and our network, is a real Nova. Yet there are times that I think, could what I do, be better off done in my dearly beloved deep south or even Los Angeles?

Then of course there are those who want to be on radio, yet really do not have a voice or the mental discipline to research information, mix music for a given format and put it on the air in a both informative as well as entertaining way.

I got lucky in my radio career. I got my inspiration from  a radio pioneer, Robert Smith aka WolfMan Jack. Of course inspiration goes only so far. Two individuals stepped in, Big Kelly from KEZJ Twin Falls and Mike Arms from KEEP AM 1450 Twin Falls. From there I built my own style.

Of course radio even drama to begin with talent is just like coon dogs. There are Coon dogs that have to be trained. That training can take months if not years. Then there are Coon Dogs that take to it naturally. I like the Coon Dogs of radio that can come into the studio, sit down and go on air. Not taking anything away from Nurse GoodBody, but Robin Miss Dixie Diesel , Robin Whittaker of Rupert, came in, and took to that mic better than anyone I have ever worked with. She saw the gold in our ayrewaves and went to helping to build it.

But she is a subject of another time.

But I have an acquaintance here across the parking lot that wants to do what I do, but has no real grit talent, another is a hangaround at HCC, that also has no or little talent. But no talent in radio does not mean no success in radio. Just listen to the announcers on KMVT, and a few others in Twin Falls who sound like they are talking through their noses. Too nasal.

To whit: What do you think would happen if someone would start a class or educational program, at say CSI Burley or even Twin Falls’ campus, called for a lack of words here, Broadcast Essentials? Teach the skills, rake in some cash, and have a pond to fish from when we at Confederate Star are hiring.

Investigating today, will report tonight.

Got a 08:00 flight so see ya’ll in the afternoon.

Hear me on air tonight.

L8R

HIGHWAY HOOKER SIG     my blog sig


Quote of the Day:
Life is hard. It’s even harder if you’re stupid.
--Anonymous
Isaiah 33:22“For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; it is he who will save us.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
NewKnyteshazzardayre tail 2

imagesCAMG770M