Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas is over so now what?

HAZZARDAYRE TAG 1HAZZARDAYRE PHOOTENOTES

Christmas is darn near over. Not much happened on the toew front, a slide off down Hollister way another up near Hailey, but outside of that just another lonely Christmas.

The better half got a case of strepped throat, and the sniffles so she was taking it easy. I rustled up enough energy and all to truck on over to Charley’s to snag Christmas Dinner. Came home tuned into Family Net, which to be honest is all the TV I really need. Seems you’d think other major TV Networks would get the idea. Rural areas have our own genre that even CBS that was once considered rural biased don’t run today.

It’s rewarding to be able to tune into HeeHaw, and Larry’s Country CafĂ© on the weekends, and Remington Steele during the week, not missing out on Movin On, and others. For once someone in TV got it right. But then they left a bunch out as well. So guess what? Confederate Star will soon be there to fill the void in much the same way, just need to get past the filling all the job openings here at KDXB FM (HazzardAyre-WyldAyre Radio) plus doing some of the other out reach programs the club has been doing.

I really love( Not Really, I am pissed off , but not surprised) the fact that the Times News through a reporter who came to the Wolf’s Den to do an interview , took up my time, time I could have used at the shop, took photos, but didn’t do crap. Just like the little twit from the same paper who came over to Buhl, for the Knytes. She comes over, sits down and just because she couldn’t talk to all of the members nothing happens. For someone to talk to our other members, would be like inviting the press to The Reaper Club on Son’s of Anarchy, neither one wants to be in the spotlight. All we really wanted was to put something up so that new prospects as well as a few retired members of the AyreWolvez as well as the Knytes of Anarchy(aka-Hazzard County Knytes) would know the rest of us were still alive.

But again I reitter this, Aren’t ya’ll glad there’s HazzardAyre? The fact we are only doing this online is simply because as of to date have not found some printer who will print our published version for near the same price that 303 Printing formally of Gooding City Idaho did when HazzardAyre was the Hazzard County Gazzette, and part of Monkey Bizzness. Rather than worry about that we have been more focused on building both our terrestrial over the air radio station and network, as well as trying to find someone with the marbles in their brain to build our web site, for our online radio station. I think we have, but its some outfit out of state. I have been and the club agrees that when ever possible do business in Idaho. But guess what there is NO ONE in IDAHO that can put the station together at least online, in IDAHO so again we have to do phone tag and have to farm the development of that out of Idaho. Hey we tried. Which brings me to another point.

Over the last week or so I have been criticized for bringing gals here to the Wolf’s Den, to interview for on air, and visual projects for the club and radio station. The eye brows are raised because its in my house. Reason? Simple, why spend a ton of money to get a formal facility, spend extra money, for that facility, when we can’t get enough little heads up their butts, premadonnas to staff such a thing? As I have always preached, when there is a sufficient amount of people mainly gals taking it seriously and not scared their virtues will be violated then, I’ll spend the money for a bigger place. The one that houses our microwave link transmitter and all on Broadway in Buhl, is just fine. We pay a simple $125.00 a month, plus about $75.00 in electricity, and so it goes. The staff also includes not just the female on air and in studio models either. The staff needs are everything from Production assistants, program writers, news reporters, feature reporters and editors, and people to hit the pavement drumming up ad dollars in ad sales for the station.

When the station gets to that point, sure I’ll go out and get into a Cathedral studio station like Charley Tuma’s old KLIX studios, or that of KMVT. Until then we are keeping it simple. The lesson of going formal or really getting the cart before the horse or milking machine before the cow, was from what hit bottom in Gooding. Oh we had one heck of a crew, my still main production assistant Erin and Emme Lee, was grand, but then we brought in more than we could stand, albeit we had the shot at entering into the inner circle of RFDTV then, as RFDTV was looking to replacing Don Imus in the morning, Mark and Patrick of RFDTV and I talked on the phone at length and it was agreed we’d shoot a few pilot episodes, get the TV gear, and they’d get us in, where RFDTV would pop into our cash stash each month $200K. Not bad. Then the fabulous Gooding Post Office could not figure out where to deliver my mail, even though I had moved only 6 blocks from where I lived there, then, and a check that would have paid rent was lost. It took weeks past due dates, to get that straight. But what else happened, good old Richard Strickland of Strickland Realty there , locks the damn door, during a point, that I went for a dinner break at 4:30 PM, couldn’t he have said something earlier in the damn day? We had a local sponsor a check was on its way for $1,800.00 only a few days for heck sake.

But that taught me a lesson, and made the club weary of spending money on an outside place until there was sufficient staff to mandate and validate that expense. It’s like right now, I’m going to unplug our Burley shop , move my gear over here into one of my partner Charley’s shops, and save the $175.00. If all I’m doing is toewing right now why not, more over the $175.00 can be applied to the hangar space I’m renting for AyreWolf Aviation and for the AyreWolvez at the TF Airport.

This gives me more time to spend on this radio gig.

Okay enough ranting, but the Times News snoozed so they loose. No story, no ad dollars spent on them. Aren’t ya’ll glad there’s HazzardAyre the publication that truly cares and dares.

As the night draws to a close and I’m all alone, I begin to think of everything I have to be thankful for. Charley, A1, the brotherly love of the club , and the fact that the yesterdays from Burley and Mini Cassia that should never have been.

I listened to a PSR who said to go over there, not spend big money in Buhl and so on. I did, and just about every month I was broke or nearly so. Sure I had the shop, towing service and all, but by the time I paid the bills of my own operation, and I never make a dollar from the club, since what I do, there is duty and all for the membership of the club, but I was always cash challenged every month. There were times I would have killed for a can of SKOAL, by the last week of the month. Now, no problem, and dig this, the complete turn around happened in only a couple of months.  Imagine if I had just stayed put and all in Buhl in 2010. We’d be and I’d be light years from where I am now.

So I sit here thinking about those Christmas’ in Hazzard. Back then it truly snowed in Hazzard. The drive up our road was nearly impassible. Snow was so deep I’d park the tow truck at the end of the road and ferry down in our home made snowmobile.

Mom and Dad always made a fuss on Christmas. We’d have crawdad, sweet spuds, turnip greens, deep fried okra, cold, cold buttermilk, corn bread, dad’d go out slaughter a pig, and yum, we had all the Christmas Dinner ya’ll could want. We’d sit by one of the two fireplaces, roasting marshmellows on old bar-b-que sticks. Of course there were gifts, many of which I’d play more with the boxes than the toys. Those boxes made great spaceships that I could crawl inside of. Then there was that one Christmas, mom had made me a mini town of Hazzard for my hot wheels and matchbox cars. I had a collection that would be worth thousands of dollars today. But no, and I’ll put this in again because of the season. One year I, not Mom, although mom suggested it, but I donated two semi truck loads of my toys, much of my diecast car collection along with other toys, a one of a kind Johnny Speed remote control Corvette and all to the Hagerman LDS Ward for those kids that needed them. We filled 20 families with near 14 kids a piece with new or nearly new toys, that Christmas. And yet when my Mom passed away in 1983, not one of those LDS people even said can we help you in some way. Even with my kind heart I do that, and I can’t even get a thing about our club in the damn Times News. Should I be bitter? I can’t even get KMVT to do a news story on the club? With all Myself, my family and the club, has done for this entire area, I can’t even get recognized? Naw why the hell should I be bitter? But like one of our club members said at it is exact, The club never gets mad, we get even. Again aren’t ya’ll glad you have HazzardAyre?

Well, Christmas is over , now what?

That in my next entry.

Night Ya’ll

cmdt sig_thumb HAZZARD AYRE WINGS

Today’s quote: Out of Anarchy comes order-AyreWolf

Isaiah 9:6“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
dxe tow logo  dixie tail

ONE MAN & A TOW TRUCK[2]