Monday, December 31, 2012

I am so glad I went to Hazzard County High School

HAZZARDAYRE TAG 1HazzardAyre Welcome Header

I am so glad that I went to Hazzard County High school. Although circumstances did not allow me to graduate in the normal way, with my folks being ill, and me having to run the family business so we could eat, I remember all the good times. More over the best teaching and learning that any kid could have had.

I wasn’t keen on our Principal Fat Jack Black, still from Mrs. Cortibitarte to Mr. Martin, I had the best teachers. We learned , and if we missed something there wasn’t any hesitation by those teachers to go over it again.

Mrs. Hobson, well she was a special dear person to me. She had me in our one of experimental full computerized or at least as computerized as it could be in the mid 1970’s , but she had me in that media room, which is partly where I learned TV and broadcast skills.

Mrs. Snap, who was our music teacher and band instructor, was as forgiving and instructional as one could have been. Sure I couldn’t read a note of printed music on a page, but put me in back of those drums let me feel the rhythm of the music and I had it down pronto. Then there was Mr. Ills,   who was both our ag, (Agriculture) class instructor that got me into FFA, (Future Farmers of America) skills I use still today, in the ag shop, where I began my love of bending and melting steel with a welder, but most important was both Mr. Lindsey who was our Math class teacher. he got me through basic algebra and calculus , with pointing me through it with electronic formulas. A kind of applied learning. And last Mrs. Brailsford, who I will admit I had a slight crush on, but she taught us how to string together words, and make sentence trees and so on. All this I still use today.

The teachers at Hazzard County High, made learning fun, enjoyable, and put things in such a way that was challenging so we could stay interested.

Many of my Hazzard High alumni became many , not all, but many of the members several years later , of the Hazzard County Knytes, that evolved into the Knytes-of-Anarchy. While many might not claim such, they are members none the less. One that is now a FBI agent, for this district. Not bad Lonnie.

The Knytes-of-Anarchy can thank the intellectual skills we have today to those teachers at Hazzard County High School.

Sadly many are not here today, some have passed on, but their impact goes much deeper than they could have ever imagined.

As the Knytes-of-Anarchy closes out another year of brotherhood, and the success we have despite a troubled and threatened economy, that goes much further back than is told. This piss ass’d economy goes back as far as Carter and up to Clinton. It was Clinton that fixed the economy, only to be trashed by the damn Republicans, but that’s a story for a different time. But I bring that up only to outline the fact that, the Knytes, used to sit at the Hazzard County Garage, burning mice with a lighter and WD-40(Children do not try that at home) and bitching about how Mr. Peanut was kicking our nation in the dirt. But the fact is during that same time The Hazzard County Garage of Hazzard (Hagerman) Idaho, prospered, we pushed $60k plus through the doors our first 3 months of being formally in business. The Hazzard County Knytes, brought in members from all ends of the Union and world, and of course both KDSL FM(now KDXB FM) and KTOW AM was billing the better part of $300k a month in advertising, and we only had at best a area signal of a 100 miles on both stations. That was before we went to syndication.

And How come we were so successful? Because we went and learned at Hazzard County High School, Go Hazzard Pirates(Funny the schools colors were and still are orange , huh?) In closing

in moving forward or in progression, its always good to look in reverse. To see where we have been and give thanks to those who made us what we are today and gave us the educational tools to be a success today. Those educational tools I got, by going to Hazzard County High School. Thanks to my teachers there if any of ya’ll read this.

L8R Ya’ll

AYRESIG PROPERHAZZARD AYRE WINGS


Quote of the Day:
There should be no yelling in the home unless there is a fire.
--David Oman McKay
Isaiah 43:16, 18-19“This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
dxe tow logo  LOG TAIL 1