Monday, July 25, 2011

Went, could have slept in but went anyway

HazzardAyre Mini2 AYREWOLF PHOOTENOTES HEADER

While I could have stayed at home awaiting the newest episode of 5-0 , I went to the open public meeting whatever it was concerning the building of a new Airport here in Burley. Much of what I was going to bring up had been already, and while I did not want my conversation to be the center of attention, apparently I was the only one there who flew. We had people there from ITD, the city and a reporter. Two or so interested citizens and that was it. The engineer who was in charge of the investigative committee , seemed interested in what I had to say, and while I hope that he absorbed the comments I made, I’m nearly sure that they washed off his back like water off a ducks tailfeathers. Many like to bitch and gripe, but few want to extend their necks and get involved. Locals don’t want to pay for the Airport rebuild, but would relish in the jobs and growth albeit slightly from such a project. The tax revenue income wouldn’t hurt either.

My idea is this, make the thing a regional Airport, with both financial responsibility shared between Rupert/Minidoka County, as well as the City of Burley and yes even Cassia County. Thing is; if there is to be a new build on an Airport, the thing will have to be built in Minidoka County , since that is where the land to build it on is.

The charts and graphs on easels were nice, but I could have seen that online. I wanted to see from those in the committee give their pitch, plus more people attending. Which was not totally the organizers fault. As the lovely lady from the Times News did not put in the time and place of the Open house.

People making decisions on an Airport who don’t are about as useful as politicians making decisions on trucker regulations that have never drove a truck. Lets face it the public especially politicians are dumb as a stump. Unless one holds their infantile hand and shows em wuzz up, they have no idea.

Hear my bark and howl after next city council meeting. We are just getting started.

 

L8R Aviators

AyreTag2  dxe toe ad1


Quote of the day:
I have noticed that the people who are late are often so much jollier than the people who have to wait for them. - E. V. Lucas
Psalm 119:60“I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
a HazzardAyre Tail awmaa logo2