Thursday, July 21, 2011

Why a radio station and how flying gets together with toewing

hakoa header AYREWOLFS BLAWG HEADER

So why a radio station? B4 I go today thought I’d let our new members and readers in on some things they might not know or had questions about.

The history of our club, most closely mirrors my own since I have been in the forefront of the club since it was conceived.

The reason we started a radio station is and was, in the forming of our organization few if any radio station or media wanted much if anything to do with us. Their minds were that who cares about truckers? More over some wyld side type haulers? Most if they did do anything was on the back of advertising we paid for. However, then in 1982 when Mike Parkhurst threw a fit and commissioned the first nationwide strike of owner operator truckers, the local media was on my phone so heavy we finally had to take off the handset so we could get peace. I tell most now, just like I did then , ya’ll didn’t want to talk to me or the club when we wanted you too, don’t call me now.

So frustrated we created our own station above the fish hatcheries in Hagerman (later to become Hazzard and ya’ll know why) Idaho, the first albeit pirate or outlaw (meaning no FCC License) radio station for and of truckers. If it was a program no other station wanted to air, we did. From Dr. Ruth to the Overdrive Top Ten Countdown, it was on our station. Long b4 there was Howard Stern, and somewhat after WolfMan Jack, there I was, as then the Dixie OutLaw(now AyreWolf) on our 50 watt station keeping truckers company, late at night and when we figured the FCC and other types were not tuned in. However one was. Dennis Conrad at then KLIX AM 1310 where I did a weekend show , found out about our station, called the FCC and we got a warning, either get legal or face a big fine. We got legal, so in 1977 , KTOW FM 89.1 signed on the air and the rest as they say is history. However , once we got to making serious cash, ad wise, and went from a none profit station to a paid ad type station we moved up the dial from 89.1 to 105.7.

As far as when I got into flying and how that connects to me toewing.

I’ll relate that l8r this eve, as my knee is in really bad pain and pain meds are kicking in so off to bed with me.

L8R Ya’ll

AyreTag2 AyreTag1


Quote of the day:
In this business you either sink or swim or you don't. - David Smith
Psalm 119:30“I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
a HazzardAyre Tail NEW HAZZARD T