Saturday, June 28, 2014

It’s a Love, not just a job

A HOOKER TOW BLOG HEADER_thumbanew phootenotes

To be fair I can understand some of the reasons why, I seldom if I ever see a check even a collective check in my mail box or the clubs, wishing to contribute to the Move It Over for Tow Trucks Campaign. However outside of the very close knit band of us in the Toew Bros Club, its like much of the towing industry anymore. Used to be, that if one tow company had a rig go down, or had a problem, the whole industry once we all knew would rally around to see how we could help, even rent or lease a truck so at least the needing tow person could eat. That’s not quite the way it is anymore, and one of the reasons, the towing associations don’t work anymore, nor are as honored as they were once.

There are a few that are still dedicated as a whole to the industry, more over this profession we are all in. Towing, or Toewing as I spell it, is a love, an affection, addiction. Its not just another job. The very reason I stepped back into radio in 1978, was even though I heard many over the road trucker radio shows,NOBODY was doing anything radio or TV on Towing, or for us in this profession. Whether it’s the Move it Over project, or re teaching younger drivers how to use a sling. Yes there are tow jockeys that have no idea how to go old skool.  As for me, long before I owned LexiBelle>lexi in green mini I had to learn the hard way , more over I was lucky, I trained under some of the best in our area, from Steve Crossley of Steve’s Towing of Ogden Utah, to John Nausbaum of Johnny’s Towing Twin Falls Idaho, to Tommy N Thompson of TNT Boise. To Bob at B&W Wrecker Service of Boise. Lets face it, unless you’re a kin to someone running a tow company , getting your foot in the door takes a lot of bribing and ass kissing. Putting a 16 year old greenhorn in a truck, (back then it was legal as long as you stayed local) and say go tow, requires earning trust, and a lot of it. But I was damn determined to own my own company. And while the first truck I chose was one of Steve’s rather than LexiBelle, once I saw LexiBelle for the first time, it was at first feel. I knew then that, that truck and I would be together for eternity. So I read every towing publication out there. From American Towman to Tow Times, to PhooteNotes. I devoured every word. I took up the cause to quit calling tow trucks Wreckers, just because a industry publication editor told me to. I even started although little credit has even been gave outside of the organization, but I started the first useful towing association in both Idaho and Northern Utah that wasn’t so stuck up looking at how many trucks you had , how many calls you got, we joined together and even at the modest number of members, the Toew Bro’s Club, has 5000 nationwide.

When we thought since no one else was on the air either TV or radio we built our own station licensed and all, all of a sudden our industry got noticed.

There is even talk about us forming the first XM/Sirius Satellite network for the toewing industry.

Just once though, it would be nice to be spoke of, it would be nice to be seen with a message from someone else on their Proud to Be A towing Professional Facebook page.

With all too many of getting killed, out on the open road, hooking up and all, just once I’d like to see a check for $50.00 or $100.00 not to me or for me, but to the Toew Bro’s, so we could get a PSA TV Ad produced. We’re doing it anyway, but it would be nice to see some of the rest of the industry help. The life our ad saves might be yours or mine.

I love this profession, I love what I do, and I’ll always keep fighting for the industry I’m part of. Because like many, I’m proud to be a Towing Professional, even if I only have 3 trucks.

TTYL

rebel sigrebel logo


Quote of the Day:
Hit any user to continue.
--Fuzzel Fish Administration Page
Psalm 138:8“The LORD will vindicate me; your love, LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.

sbt2 pleasent view tail

COT LOGO PROPER