Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The never ending always Wolf in amongst the sheep

HAZZARDAYRE COVERCOLONELS PHOOTENOTES

This morning I wrote about this gal from Virginia, (sorry I mislocated her as being in Oregon) Any mile, she’s been given the boot by the Mormon Church for going against the grain and saying women should be given equal access and ordained into the LDS Priesthood. I for one say , its about time. Why not? After all in many parts of folklore it is said the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world. Why not have women be in the of and holding the Priesthood? Even to the degree of becoming either a Bishop of a ward, Stake President, and yes even President of the Church itself. The whole organization might work better as a religion, instead of a tax deferred corporation, shielded as a religion.

I myself was a proud and faithful follower and member of the LDS Church right from Birth. I followed all teachings right down to part 89 of the Word of Wisdom. The first observation that clouded my faith was seeing some well to do so called saintified girls of Mutual smoking cigs out behind our ward in Hazzard. Then after many gifts were gave from me to that ward, one Christmas to be abandoned by that ward following my Mom’s death in March of 1983, my entire belief system, my belief in total loyalty and all of the LDS faith was shaken, the wound has never healed.

In September 1998 I got a part time job with Deseret Transportation, through a Stake President that Cousin Bud knew. I enjoyed the job I had, putting tires and all on church big trucks. My supervisor Rocky, said in truth , I was the true WOLF in amongst the Sheep, which was the part start of the RoadWolf/AyreWolf gig. However it was the discovery of a scantly cladded niece of a gal that worked at the front office of Deseret Transportation that I pursued from advice from one of the head cats there that caused the demise .

To date I have yet to be informed or asked to give up my LDS membership. Never has my Priesthood been challenged or threatened, but I can say that unless I have a need , other than worship, I will not go in a LDS church building or church. Except maybe for Deseret Industries, but everybody goes there.

There are rippling effects here on this issue of gender, authority equality from this gals web site, her excommunication, her press releases all of it, and of course here in Utah its front page news.

Now , do I challenge President Monson’s post as leader and seer of the church, yes I do. Do I challenge church doctrine? Yes I do, there is much to challenge. Many revelations have came from either court, or political pressure not gifts of God. Do I challenge some church leaders in their approach to leading a congregation? Yes. I challenge all congregations and so called leaders of any religious body, LDS or not, remember I even challenged the River Fellowship in Twin Falls Idaho. To me God is everywhere, if you believe in him, if as it is written , when 3 or more of you gather because and to worship me(Jesus) there I be also. That part is fine. But with all humans, there are human frailties. Most are based in greed, many in corruption, and the rest in retaining power. Even a Bishop, while not that much of power , even though a LDS Bishop does not get money for what he does, does wield a mighty deep pocketed church credit card and checkbook.

I remember a talk of one LDS stake President of the 13th ward of the LDS Church in Farmington, Utah, that went are you a follower and really a believer in the gospel of this religion, or are you here just as a cultural member of the church, Church on Sunday sell on Monday. If a survey was taken and it’d be very shakey open to examination of church authorities , I’ll bet at least 80% of the church’s members would have to say they attend an LDS ward in Utah or southern Idaho, because it’s the thing to do. Not because they truly believe in the gospel that the church subscribes to. Want a real example? My roomy, just got baptized in the church. None of the rituals that I had to go through were followed. From reciting the articles of faith, to the overnight fast before the day of being baptized. With me it weeks of deep study, praying and trusting. When at age 8 as it is, my Uncle Nels baptized me at the LDS ward in Grace Idaho.

Afterwerds I was a faithful loyal follower. I progressed through the steps of the Priesthood, lived the faith, until I discovered some herbal and some pleasures that detoured much of that.

One example is my cousin Claude. He is by right of Priesthood, a High Priest, in the church with all powers that go with that, yet on a Saturday night I can usually find my cousin at the Cowboy Bar in Grace downing some barley sodas. In fact it was cousin Claude who introduced me to smokeless tobacco, aka Skoal at age 6.

There are many who hold the Priesthood, that are not really worthy of it. Example, without the proper steps I was made an Elder just because of age. Likewise my old roomy, was made an Elder just because of his age. This is not right, if you are not worthy of that progression of the Priesthood, you should not hold it. Thus do I condemn this lady for speaking up of issues and equality of holding the Priesthood? No, in fact I applaud her for it. Maybe its time, for Church leaders to start looking at themselves and the denomination of itself instead of lording over the rest of the population.

TTYL

rebel sig AYREWOLVEZ LOGO


Quote of the Day:
If your number one goal is to make sure that everyone likes and approves of you, then you risk sacrificing your uniqueness and, therefore, your excellence.
--Anonymous
Jeremiah 23:24“Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?” declares the LORD. “Do not I fill heaven and earth?” declares the LORD.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
promo shot

sbt2pleasent view tail