Friday, December 23, 2011

But damn Todd I could have stayed asleep, EasyRiders spoiled me for life

AYRELOG HEADER

HC AYREWOLVEZ WINGS NORMAL

So there I was dreaming of high school poking fun at this little Blonde that I have been searching for, from Layton Utah named Peggy Follett or that was her name then, when I remembered, shit my DOD/PSR is supposed to be here for his twice weekly visit, so best get up. So I struggled to the table, mixed up some oatmeal took a dump , showered and greeted a cold but sorta sunny day.

So in the Radio studio here at my Road House, get a call from Todd, asks if he can roll in at 17:00 hours. What the shit? I don’t care, bet he wishes that other folks he sees doing his disabled American Veteran gig, was as flexible in scheduling.

But damn it, I could have slept all day. Was up all night fixing as best as I could Internet related bullshit on my trusty Acer Computer, and needed the shut eye. There are only 4 times in my waking hours when I can completely unwind. When I’m in the air flying, on my bike riding, in my truck going wherever and when I’m horizontal sleeping, even then half awake, for you who wonder about that, its a Marine thing. The rest of my hours I’m as tense as can be, being the perfectionist I am, I demand excellence in my crew and from my crew. Anything less and they get the boot.

So any time I can uncork and unwind, I’m into it. And considering that I have done little of uncorking in the past 20 years, if any. I treasure when I can. Used to be that the hours and days from latter November to mid February used to be time to be going toewing. Guess the great white spirit, kept the idea of cold snow off my door for this year considering I wasn’t ready for it.

With that in mind and to honor others such as EasyRiders Magazine, etc, its with great honor that the Knytes-of-Anarchy is designing what will hail simply as CooTer’s Rode House near American Falls Idaho. Likewise , and there is something beyond the locals , that an old sports shop west of Burley on U.S. 30 has been chosen as the site of the Tragic Valley’s finger of CooTer’s Rode House. If ya’ll want to look into what both are all about, check out the March 2012 issue of In The Wind.

Finally plans are in the wind(no pun intended) to create a celebration of two wheels and the biker lifestyle, west of the Rockies, as good as if not maybe better than Sturgis. In a small pocket called Atomic City Idaho. 4 days of boobs, food, bands, bikes, and trucks. With some ayre mixed in.

As I close today, the fact that in more ways than I can count, the fact that we here in the AyreWolvez are essentially bikers with wings, the only difference is our rides truly fly, the rest is up for interpretation , by the onlooker. The fact that we essentially like the same thing including living life on the edge, which as they say, if your not living life on the age , your taking up too much space.

So in view of that and this applies to our TV ads as well, if I get a email or see something online, it’d better have the eye candy both beauty and machine as EasyRiders has or I just don’t get all wet enough to buy the whatever email or buy the product on TV. This Holiday season, Victoria’s Secret TV ads have excelled. There is an ad that was on line from T-Mobile , but never made it to TV, if it did, I didn’t see it, and considering the amount of TV in the winter I watch, if it was on, I saw it, if I didn’t see it it tweren’t on TV.

The rest of the holiday, in fact TV ad fare left me kinda hungry. I know the economy is bad, I know ad production budgets are tighter than a ticks ass, but if you want to draw attention and get folks to buy, some hot , but tasteful eye candy, pitching product or service does wonders.

Many are waiting for the government to ignite the damp economy. I say bullsbreath. We Confederate southerners don’t wait for the Yankee Union Government to do anything, we git-r-done ourselves. That’s the only way you improve anything. It’s like my Mom told me as a young Wolf-Pup, the only way to get on your feet, is to get off your butt. If ya’ll want to do something, do it. Within the law that is, and if your idea pushes that envelope so be it, push the envelope. Do it anyway.

But for me, if its a TV ad, or email in my inbox unless it has EasyRiders sizzle, I ain’t interested.

Oh and by the way, yes there is something under the wings to doing an EasyRiders mag , for us who fly, that will be called WyldAyre. Watch for that this coming fall.

But when it comes to come on’s EasyRiders has spoiled me.

I smell like cow dung so heading for shower, see you overnight during the midnight hours.

L8R Aviators

ayretag2  AYRE BANNER 3


Quote of the day:
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. - Sir Winston Churchill
Luke 2:11-14“Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.””

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
AYRE NASTY TAIL 2