Saturday, December 10, 2011

Welcome back to HazzardAyre where the Ayre is fresh

HazzardAyre HellBilly Trucker joint header toewtrax header

Welcome back to HazzardAyre, where I will endeavor to keep the Ayre fresh.

Seems everyone needs a day or hour off. This is not the case always for us in toewing. For the few brave beings that don the jacket, put up with the racket and engage the cold and snow whether day or the darkness of night we are there.

I saw a diddy that I tried to cut & paste from one of the newsletters, from one of my suppliers in Portland, that told this story very well.

Holidays are no holiday for us in toewing. Even my ToewBro’s will tell you that just because our wives, lady pals and kids have visions of sugar plums in their heads we who are on call every hour all year long are not in our beds.

We are watching the old Christmas movies with boots on, scanner blaring, two way ready, cell phone charged, and truck all warmed up for that just in case call.

Of course , its Christmas day, the ham and sweet taters all yummy , cold buttermilk, deep fried okra, with chitlans ready for popping , the inevitable call of somebody on the super road in the ditch, needing hooked. So Christmas dinner is more like what can be put in the fridge and nuked when you get back. That’s if you get to stay home once one gets back home long enuff to eat it. The many pies and all that I have had to eat medium warm, to really cold, I can’t count.

So why do we do it? More over how do you keep from burning out ?

For me the toewing profession was a calling, not a 1st choice. Up to mid 1974 all I wanted to do was fly and be a helo cop. That is be a police officer that did patrol from the air, something I saw in an old TV show called 240 Robert. Try finding that one on DVD. Any mile, prior to that it was being a radio star.

Then came that hour in 1975 when I needed to go somewhere, my cuzzin Judy’s friend Steve who started and owned Steve’s Towing of Ogden Utah, said to me if you need that truck moved, move it yourself.

I got in that old Dodge, and while it may have been only a few minutes , it seemed a life time. A quiet calm came over me in that truck, the clouds opened and what sounded like trumpets and I knew right then running a tow truck was my destined profession. 3 years later after working for two companies Johnny’s Towing and Valley Towing of Twin Falls Idaho, at the last is when one morning at a old cafe, she sat all beautiful, her pipes breathing vapor, marker lights illuminating the quiet early morning darkness was LexiBelle. My boss, Dave told me at the shop, he was selling her. Well in April 1978 on my birthday, and $8,000.00 later, LexiBelle came home with me. That was 1,600,000 miles ago, as it reads on her odometer and, I have went through 9 other support rides since, but LexiBelle, albeit a gas guzzler which is why I drive support trucks, still LexiBelle, will fire everytime I need her to. Has not lost off the back one towed vehicle, no damage reports, and no accidents.

Thankfully through the Hazzard County Knytes, that I am able to do the radio star gig and still toew.

Okay then, I gave the docu of giving credit where credit is due. So to one of and the Utah Charter President of the Knytes of Anarchy(aka-Hazzard County Knytes) Tommy Pistone , was the one that renamed the Hazzard County Garage in Utah.

See we was on the way back from a tow in this 82 white Chevy tow truck, that I wanted in the worst way, as it was the last tow truck with a Holmes 1200 hydraulic on the back. The two way in it was old, and every time you wanted to use it, ya’ll had to slam the main box against the back wall of the truck. Any whoo Tommy and I was on my way back, and saw a ride that I thought would be ripe for a redoux, Tommy said , “ Pat you don’t customize, you Cooter-ize it.” So at that hour Cooter’s Kustmz was born and the slogan , at Cooter’s Kustmz its not customized , it’s Cooter-ized, and that has remained ever since.

Now finally b4 I go as my fingers are cramping, for the mentally deficient or mentally absent, the addy to get in touch with me and the Hazzard-Knytes is 811 21st street Heyburn Idaho 83336, look at the ad below and ya’ll figure it out. Now b4 my arthritis really kicks in, have a Hazzard County Christmas.

L8R Ya’ll

cc sig COOTERS TOEW BLOCK


Quote of the day:
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over. - Aneurin Bevan
Isaiah 7:14“Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
knytes tail script HAZZARDAYRE GAZZETTE BANNER

ayre ad2 koa logo 1