Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mark Zuckerburg of FaceBook , needs to take a page out of Googles book

RAT PATROL HEADER

I hope I can make it through this entry as my arthritis is really painful tonight.

I saw this diddy on CNBC about the rise to power of FaceBook and creator Mark Zuckerburg.

The all think they know all of FaceBook is still a big maybe since much of FaceBook is still although walking , is still very much an infant.

Try to set something up on FaceBook as far as a page, unless your a youngster in some geeky college kid , forget it. While over at Google, building a Blogger page is just a few clicks, that even a sheep herder on the desert in an old wagon, can complete.

So was I successful on FaceBook setting up a page for the Knytes-of-Anarchy? Yes. However I don’t know if I was able to get the word out from all my contacts from Gmail etc, to visit the site on FaceBook. Which is good and bad. First the layers of security from Google is good since it keeps out the riff raff out, yet sharing 411 from or with your Gmail contacts is a real trial and error. Mostly error.

If FaceBook is so damn smart, why can’t they go simple like Google’s, Blogger? For that matter, why can’t Google get along nice with its competitor FaceBook and allow easier sharing of information? Not everything, but at least contacts so you can share info with those contacts.

Its been said that simplicity is best. Like electricity , people surfing the web gravitate to the path with low resistance.

While identity theft and Internet security is important , if its YOU, and YOU own that email address, why can’t you do with it as you wish, without violating the inside security of your contacts? It should be your choice.

I’ll do more on this Thursday, but my fingers are cramping so I need to close for now.

As I do so, hey FaceBook take a page out of Google, on simplicity.

L8R Ya’ll

cc sig  COOTERS TOEW BLOCK


Quote of the day:
I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork. - Peter De Vries
Luke 2:6-7“While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
a HAZZARD REBEL TAIL ayre ad2

koa logo 1 1