Wednesday, December 14, 2011

From the What Up ? File.

HazzardAyre HellBilly Trucker joint header HHA HEADER

Can you imagine a world where people did not watch TV? At least in TV’s golden era? Case-n-point went down to the local Albertson’s here. My bill came to $2.22 I responded yea like Room 222. The old gal had never seen Room 222. Are you kidding? Then I asked my PSR if he ever saw Love on a Rooftop or Love America Style, I only hit on one when I mentioned Laugh IN. But he said he had never watched it, are you out of your mind? I thought. These were TV staples one and even half hour quality shows, many repeated now on Nick @ Nite and TV-Land. Hell RTV(Retro TV ) is based on these old classics. My PSR had never watched the Monkees nor Friday Night Videos. Or Burt Sugarman’s Midnight Special with my radio idol WolfMan Jack. How could anyone not have seen these shows?

Then I think , remembering a line from Smokey & the Bandit, that went, “It depends on where your standing in this nation , as to just how stupid you are” Even so, how could you not remember the classics of TV? Most people remember SWAT, Starsky & Hutch, even Adam 12, But few remember the series b4 SWAT called the Rookies. Or Mod Squad. How can you not remember Peggy Lipton on Mod Squad? Many wet dreams were the result.

So I ask What Up with that?

It’d be like asking a journalism student if they had ever heard of Walter Cronkite. If they said no, you’d know this student is in the wrong class.

What Up?

Its times like this, that as much as I love the deep south of our nation, that I think about moving to Canada. Why? Real liberty.

L8R

cc sig COOTERS TOEW BLOCK


Quote of the day:
Life is a sexually transmitted disease. - R. D. Laing
Luke 1:26-28“[The Birth of Jesus Foretold] In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.””

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
a HAZZARD REBEL TAIL