Saturday, April 23, 2011

Innovation and perseverance still American and Hazzard County Enginuity

HAZZARDAYRE HEADER MASTER ayreflyte header

Inside Edition, this prior evening did a feature on how a young barely a toddler that learned CPR from watching a TV show and was able to rescue his younger sibling after falling into an unattended swimming pool.

Television has influenced so many lives in so many ways that even one blog feature could never do justice to the medium. The medium itself, was deemed to far from reality at its dawning that few beyond or outside TV thought TV would become a lark and or a fad and not matter much.  Radio with pictures. Finally all those radio dramas that we learned to love coming out of that Victrola or Motorola radio, could now be seen.

Over my life , four TV shows grabbed me and pulled me in as nothing else could or would. In fact those 4 TV shows created my life in real life. Although scarcely written strictly for my benefit, it seemed as though the writers and producers, saw into my dreams and presented my life’s answers in a way I could comprehend. Sure I had my comic book favorites from TV , Batman the TV series with Adam West, The Green Hornet, although I watched because of the cars, not the story lines or plot. Nor the actors, although the original BatGirl from the TV series did heighten up my preteen sexual curiosity’s a bit.

I remember as a child in bed with 102 plus fevers and convulsions from suffering from a condition that was due to my body , not being able to fight off infections. My blood stream , could not produce enough of the biological storm troopers, and one night from a very small SONY TV I saw Star Trek TOS , and saw a place, and future I could wrap my mind around. One without sickness, but of intellectual strength. The Doc said after that evening, that as much as the Gama Globulin it was Star Trek that brought me out of a mild Coma, and saved my life. From then on ST, was my life, and I lived it as the series depicted life. My grade school, Crestview Elementary School in Layton Utah, became no, not the Enterprise , but the USS CRESTVIEW, later named in the series by the way. Of course in 1971 Mom & Dad decided to move to Idaho, a move that still today , I feel was a serious mistake. I wish , we never had done that. Life for me might be very different than it is today at least as far as career and the happenings that occurred after that move , but what the hell did I know? I was a preteen. But so here we were in Idaho. I tried to latch onto something for substance. First came BlackSheep Squadron, that would recreate my love of flying and flight, that My Dad told me the stories of and his involvement with Pappy Boyington. Of course that subsided and I found Airwolf, and was pursuing flying as a career, until I saw BJ & The Bear. Which provoked me in a good way to OTR trucking, but hey , whose going to hire a 15 year old trucker, but my I dreamed. Of course over time through many happenings , I collided with the Dukes, and have been rooted there in Hazzard County, for most if not all of my adult life, that is until 1998. When as I was leaving my rented home in Jerome Idaho one bright and early morning after a good sleep and watching reruns of BlackSheep Squadron, I saw overhead two F-4-U Corsairs fly overhead. Now I did not want to tell anybody about this, as I thought somebody might think I had lost what little sanity I had left. So I pursued the Corsairs, to the Jerome County AirPort, and after breakfast that morning decided to go out and inquire about a job there. Heck at worst, could push a broom if nothing else. So I went in the big blue hangar of Airpower Unlimited and saw staring at me , not one, not just two but 4 , F-4-U’s in various stages of reconstruction and restoration. Of course I got a job there, helping do odd jobs, but the sight reignited the fires of flight. Shortly there after formed the 3rd major spin-off , of what was the Hazzard County Knytes aka Knytes-of-Anarchy, my OTR trucker show, was a major hit, Dixie Diesel/Maximum Overdrive, of which I hailed as the RoadWolf which would change two years after.

With some reluctance but a bunch of gumption, a associate of mine and I decided to assemble a NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series team, and where do you put that together? Certainly not Idaho. So I relocated in 2002 to Utah. Shortly thereafter my associate chickened out, but I blossomed in Utah. Many of my real friends in Layton rallied around , along with a few that were employed, both in service as well as civil service at Hill Air Force Base. My Dad had many friends there as well and with a bit of arm twisting I got on AFRTS there and reworked RoadWolf into AyreWolf and , well that has taken me to where I am today.

Of the many TV shows that took root in my soul, they being Airwolf as well as the Dukes-of-Hazzard, I have been able to find my place on Earth, a high flying toew trucker with dreams of building the first REAL Mach plus Helicopter, The Lady. Is it impossible? Well lets look at it for a second. I’m sure the guys who created both Google and FaceBook, were thought of gooky geeks, but look at what they have done.  In my own arena, through the brotherhood of both the Knytes-of-Anarchy as well as the AyreWolvez, I have been there in the trenches building quietly a syndicated radio network that started as a network for OTR truckers, then folks like me going toewing, and ultimately those loving restoring and rebuilding and yes flying vintage military warbird style aircraft. It was just a very short few months ago, I finally found a name for the restyled radio show, that is very literally reaching new altitudes. HazzardAyre Radio. Where Hazzard County meets AyreWolf,, putting both together in a comprehensive form.

Yes, despite the second great financial depression , innovation, and perseverance is still alive as it could only be in America with a lot of Hazzard County Enginuity.

Where it goes from here, next coffee stop, here on HazzardAyre.

Stay Tuned

my blog sig  awmaa logo2


Quote of the day:
You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do. - Olin Miller
Romans 14:11“It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’””

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
a HAZZARD REBEL TAIL AYRETAIL_thumb

17-27-1 17-27-1 Airwolf_side

ANTI AYREWOLF AD PROMO SCRIPT MW KOA LOGO