Wednesday, January 26, 2011

HazzardAyre 31 Multi Tasking lessons, please?

HAZZARDAYRE HCC HEADER a wolf prowl header

The Idaho Legislature is taking up the task of making it illegal to use your cell phone while in the operation of a motor vehicle. Or at least make it illegal to text while driving. Not a bad idea. I’m all for that and say the example of both the city of Twin Falls, as well as Meridian, are right on the money. More over if it were I, in the decision making process , I’d make it a 3rd degree felony if you cause any kind of wreck, while in using a cell phone or texting while driving. A 1st degree felony, if a person is injured in a wreck if the wreck was caused by someone texting or using a cell phone while driving.

But there must be a course that one can take for multi-tasking. I’m not good at it any more. In fact doing more than two things at a time, I get a headache and simply shut down. I am not a multi tasker. I can’t be on the phone, writing online, being on the radio, and monitoring the latest 411 from FNC on TV all at the same time. One of the reasons I like going Toewing, is that its me, my truck, getting someone unstuck, hooked and headed to the yard, maybe doing two things at a time , not so bad, but if I have to juggle more than one chore at a time, my mood changes and I’m no good to be around, and those that are, knows to keep mouth shut.

But are there courses for learning to multi task out there? Are there skills one can learn , to be able to do more than one or two things at a time?

As far as flying, yes that is multi tasking, but I have mastered much of what I need to know there, to where most things are like second nature. Thus , I’m not thinking, about what I’m doing, just doing it.

Okay then, Government waste. Did you see Obama’s SOTU address last night? Getting rid of regulatory barriers, is a good thing. How about reworking his own FCC, to expand research into expanding spectrum, and even getting people who really know the geography of a area, to determine FCC media air space. Take down the hold backs on new FCC TV station applications, so someone in an area can get a station albeit an LP station , but a station none the less. How about researching , doing digital, on LPTV? This starts a business, opens employment opportunities, and does something for an area missing a real media voice, not protecting spectrum to satisfy a few deep pocketed TV station/network executives that keep someone good and independent from going to the next level.

Then Government waste, its amazing the number of State agencies in Idaho, that have the fanciest offices, drive new, or newer vehicles in duty of that office, and yet in reality do very little. Case-n-point, Idaho Division of Vocational Rehab in Twin Falls. Signed up with them in OCTOBER, 2010. Saw them once in November, waited on some paper work, that Voc Rehab did not know they had already had, then waste my time, and get gruff, with me that I did not follow up? Follow up with what? There is no plan, no direction. Yet tax payers of the state of Idaho, are paying through the nose for such things, the state Government is trying to find money for schools, and Medicaid and yet you have offices for state agencies, just farting around wasting time and resources. One calls , leaves a message, no return phone call. I have done that so many times I lost count. Infact when I called this afternoon in response to one of their letters, I was told , we’ll call you back or leave a message , on voice mail. But know what happened when I asked for the state directors number in Boise? Amazing I got through, to the who I needed to. And yet, you, yes YOU the tax payers of Idaho are paying for this. I say overhaul State government, give the slackers the boot, consolidate agencies, consolidate office spaces, into one building for that agency. Not have so many offices of the same agency strewn all over the city to where none of anyone knows what the hell they are doing. Get rid of the Chevy Malibu’s and go for a Pinto, or compact car. If they run a vehicle for doing field duty, make damn sure they are doing field duty, not just going home and to work in a ride supplied by the state, maintained by the state, fueled by the state. And if that field work is not providing results, give that the boot too.

Then you’ll find the wasted dollars.

Any mile.

Are there multi tasking lessons out there? If so , tell me where they are and I’ll be happy to sign up.

L8R

my blog sig MW KOA LOGO


Quote of the day:
Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips
James 4:10“Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
A HAZZARD AYRE TAIL KNYTES PROMO AD