Thursday, January 27, 2011

HazzardAyre 34 Happy Birthday Hazzard County

an official hazzard ayre header a wolf prowl header

Wednesday was a holiday, or should have been. Did ya’ll realize that 32 years ago in 1979 was the day the first episode of the Dukes-of-Hazzard first aired on CBS TV ? Yep, 21:00 hours , January 26th 1979 and yes for me on KMVT, the Dukes-of-Hazzard hit the tiny screen, and literally turned America on its ear. Looking back to the original concepts going into the first episodes, the more homogenized, or blended more tame episodes, the more gritty episodes that the Dukes started with, would have been much more than what we all finished with. For me what was portrayed on screen, the life lessons presented, went way past than just a TV show or me being just a fan of. For me what was on TV, I put into real life, and lived it then every day, just like I do today.

Over the years, the friendships I made both from cast as well as crew of the show, being just a wrench turner on set, and all that followed, became, a way of life, not just something to watch on Friday nights. Few TV shows, have gained and retains such a following, even what now, some 20 plus years since the final first run episode in 1985, to today. From Cooter’s Place in both Tennessee, to Virginia, to DukesFest in Atlanta, to us in the Knytes-of-Anarchy. What was envisioned by the creators of the show, through the movie, MoonRunners, that I own a copy of. To the series itself, the Dukes-of-Hazzard, calms and equalizes a rather turbulent nation and world.

Happy Birthday Dukes-of-Hazzard for a 34 years of southern fried excellent TV show and from me giving me a life and something to believe in.

L8R Confederates,

my blog sig  KNYTES PROMO AD


Quote of the day:
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. - Noel Coward
Ephesians 6:12-13“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
A HAZZARD AYRE TAIL MW KOA LOGO

Knytes Rule