Friday, January 14, 2011

HazzardAyre19 A fan of simplicity

hazzardayre blog header AyreWolf Watch Header1

I am a great fan of simplicity. If anything makes my task or a supplier vendor makes my efforts harder or one that I need to do more, so they can supply me products and or services, I am not going back there nor will even do further business with them.

Example, took some newly discovered buckets for LiL DixieBelle to a place in Filer for a upholstery job. Told them that I wanted an inlay of a Confederate Battle Flag in the center and wings at the top. The response? I had to go to another vendor to get the inlays made and the shop in Filer would sew it up. Too much effort.Two separate bills.

Finally found an outfit in Rupert, who could not only embroider the inlays , but do the seats. This means when I’m building a true one off custom for a customer, I know I can take the seats to the guy in Rupert, pay one bill, get a jobber price for the job, and complete my work, without having to take time out of my day to, go to two vendors, and pay two bills.

Not bashing the guy in Filer, he most likely does not do that much one off work, like I require and simple stitching of fabric is his best effort. And that’s good, but if your building radical customs be it bikes or muscle cars or trick trucks at $150k a piece, you just seek out the best and go from there.

I am also a big fan of buying local. After all, I’d be put out , if a customer bought products and our services elsewhere. But instead of shrugging my shoulders and saying, “oh well” I’d rather ask myself, what can I do in my company, so that customers DON’T go elsewhere. What can I add to my services that sets me apart from both mail order and/or out of area and out of state companies doing basically the same things as I do? That’s how you innovate and why Hazzard County Choppers and Cooter’s Toewing & Garage, has been the leader of radical rides since 1979.

What else can or would you expect from a company born in Hazzard ?

L8R

my blog sig A Hazzard Ayre


Quote of the day:
Psychiatry enables us to correct our faults by confessing our parents' shortcomings. - Laurence J. Peter
1 John 4:20-21“Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
HAZZARD TAIL2 KNYTES PROMO AD

HCC DASHBOARD1 HCC WEB AD