Thursday, January 27, 2011

HazzardAyre33 Double Standards and Double Talk

Hazzard Ayre3 a wolf prowl header

Double Talk and Double standards seems to be rampant. Take fer instance. A local TV station here, sezz I , exploit women. I really need to look that word up. Since it seems, that anyone who poses a good looking gal in less than a Nuns dress in this area to pitch the script of a business is exploiting women. Guess exploitation is not the same thing as extortion. Bank fraud and a half dozen things that a prominent local car dealer was convicted of and went out of business. But hey they were more important than us, and me. After all , I have been called a fraud, even not entirely honest, but then those that say those things don’t really know me.

I can remember, after being quoted a ad rate and booth space rent, for that years Agri-Action Farm show in Twin, Falls. There I stood cash in wallet, and yet I was put off, and out of the building because there was a Latham Emergency. Excuse me, but didn’t I have the appointment that hour? Did my business not be as good as Latham Dodge’s ? Guess not. I was told that they were going to call. Never did, and even with the delays, with cash in hand, was constantly being cast off. Yet we’re still in business, Latham’s aint. Who would have been a better horse to back?

Okay, then, the constant flow of no shows, and no calls, I pestered like the next Hazzard hay ride, the new GM of this certain TV station, even went to his office willing to burry the hatchet, and give each of us another chance. If our, rather, my vision of an ad was so out of sync and so provocative, then maybe his production department could have sat down with me to put something together that would have been more acceptable. But nope.

So where’s the Double Standard here? When the same TV station , will air ads for a racy ladies apparel store, and yet, thinks that a cowgirl posing with a tow truck is wrong there is the double standard.

Over in the Magic Valley Mall, I counted 3 retail stores, that sold , shall we say raunchy products, one with sex toys, sex aids, and publications, that even kids, including pre teens could go in, buy and all would be okay. Yet the management was totally against a Hazzard flavored store. Bullsbreath. Thing is though, I know that the so called Double Standard and Double Talk is not all of Twin Falls, nor all of the Magic Valley. This double bullstuff, is also why, I get even more determined to getting a OTA(Over the Air) Radio station, willing to go unplugged and be the true Wolf in amongst the Sheep of area Idaho media.

When I write these editorials of things I see, its not to defame, nor to condemn those people and or firms, mentioned. Its my hoped , that I can give those doing the double talk, creating the Double Standard, a serious kick in their complacency and get this area moving again. To show those in disbelief, that there is an edgy part of this valley, and area, and those edgy people are tremendously being underserved, by local media.

Whether its, KDXB, Confederate Star TV, or the Hazzard Gazzette, which includes the published printed editions of this column , HazzardAyre, its our goal to serve those that others feel to prim and proper to serve. We serve the hard working, beer drinking, lead to floor, motorheads, aviators, and yes Today’s Confederates, in essence silence the Double Standard and Double Talk.

Now then; heard from My PSR today that The Idaho Health and Welfare outfit, is looking to put a squish to adult PSR’s. Some of this is saving dollars, the other is to ask , do adult PSR’s really do any good? My answer , I have to ask myself and search my cranium, for that answer. I can’t really honestly say having an adult PSR , has helped much if any. Hell, in April, I’ll be seeing my PSR for a year now, and outside of moving to Buhl from Bliss, can’t say he’s helped much at all. As it is, my costs for living are higher, DixieBelle has to be parked away from home in Twin, I’m paying more for utilities, the radio gear still sits in Gooding, and I’m no closer to gaining a new bean counter, for my personal expenses, nor for SAMCRO. In fact, I’m still running in reverse, only faster. So asking me to email JFAC to say I’m in favor of continuing adult PSR’s in Idaho, like I said, I still need to think on it. Not saying I’m looking to pull the plug on counseling etc, but a bit more intense and in office counseling etc would be a push in the right direction. As it is now, ain’t quite sure.

For me, counseling comes in the form, of strong Hazzard County internal examinations, getting into ye ole General Jackson, loading up some fishing gear, and sitting at Hazzard Creek, talking to God about things. Not a problem, that God, nature, and some of Uncle Jessie’s finest, is all the problem solving I need.

Correcting Double Standards and Double talkin, that’s what it means by fighting the system. And that is part of the Hazzard County experience and something I hold dear to my heart.

Until next time, keep this in mind, The Hazzard Garage, could be coming back right to Hazzard itself.

Keep it Between the Ditches

L8R

my blog sig MW KOA LOGO

Some mornings ya can’t get it into second, even if you double clutch it-Cooter

Ephesians 6:12-13“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
A HAZZARD AYRE TAIL KNYTES PROMO AD