Sunday, January 19, 2014

Flying is the secret

new blog coverAWNITERYDEHEADER_thumb

I got an unintended backdraft from a former thorn in my side about how can you be in Utah at a funeral, with both your rides in front of your house? Simple, remember I fly. A quick ride in a TAXI company car that we toew for, to the airport here in Ogden, a flyte plan filed and our Bell 406 is in the air. Land at Twin Falls, again a car ride to the house, do what I need, then do it all in the same order in reverse.

When you learn to fly the world opens up to possibilities that you never imagined. Be it fixed wing or chopper and I’m not talking choppers with two wheels. Two maybe 3 hours at the most depending on weather, and its breakfast in Scottsdale Arizona, or lunch in Burbank that is if you can afford the fuel which is right at $8.50 to $10.00 a gallon. It takes just under $1,500.00 to fuel our birds. The one 406 Bell is on alert for med flights the other for SAR missions. The rest are open shell choppers made for chemical application of farm products. The fixed winged byrds are three Air Tractors, with a new one just ordered. The final is one that is flown the least, except for air shows. LuciBelle>spec_f4unot LexiBelle>Lexi in green is a WWII F4U Corsair we built at our hangar at Bountiful SkyPark, three years ago. It is owned in part by AyreWolf Aviation, and the AyreWolvez Aviation Association.  But that’s how I’m able to transverse the two areas without running in a car. Oh and if your wondering why I don’t just fly to see Eli, I don’t know where the closest airport is to him, and both 406’s have to remain in our area for their intended SAR work. The other reason, both the Air Tractors are not set up for passengers, nor cold winter flight. It damn cold up there. But a brisk flight on a bright morning just as the sun crests the Wasatch range at 10,000 feet is an experience one has to be hold.

I discovered a Canon GL-2 on Ebay, and am looking for another. The reason? So I can take good video to show ya’ll I’m not blowing smoke that I fly. Those members of the club know better, but we have doubting Thomas’s and Betty’s out there that call such things into question. My weight restriction has been lifted for regional flight, but not trans-con flight until I get a review from the FAA on both my diabetes and sleep apnea situation. That’ll require some seat time with a CFI, and that’s numero uno why I’m frothing at the prop, to go to Utah to Upper Limit Aviation there. To qualify, for all my flight upgrades I have to loose 40 to 50 pounds. So on a very strict diet.

But now you know.

Next entry the ayre show for 2014 and the Ayre half of HazzardAyre.

L8R Aviators,

ayretag2MILWINGS2


Quote of the Day:
One way to stop a runaway horse is to bet on him.
--Jeffrey Bernard
James 1:2-3“[Trials and Temptations] Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
AVI CLUB LOGO AFLYTETAIL_thumb