Sunday, January 26, 2014

It wasn’t just a Dukes Marathon, but an SOA Marathon as well I watched both

HAZZARD COUNTY WELCOME MATAYREWOLF'S AYRELOG HEADER

Well today marks 35 years of the Dukes, being on TV, and since 1981 I have had my wolf’s eye on the series , the cast and the entire Hazzard County experience.

I can remember the first time I saw anything on this series, the first was the pilot movie MoonRunners. Which if you want my opinion the series should have followed that story line. Cooter was someone much skinnier, and ruthless. Our today’s Cooter was a revenue agent on the MoonRunners. The next I’d have like to see that story line expanded. Call the town Shiloh and let it run from there. The next time I heard of the Dukes was a bunch of hunters who came to our farm to go Quail hunting, that were part of the creative team of the Dukes. They saw our General Jackson, dressed in Deere Orange and I’ll let you figure out the rest. I had nearly forgotten the Dukes until June of 1981, although I watched I wasn’t as keen on it as I would shortly become. We started looking for some girls drill team Go-Go boots to use in our display of Gen Jaxson, and discovered a guy building a General Lee, albeit poorly. I knew of the car from three years prior, but the car was for sale and we thought it’d be a good compliment to ours. The deal was struck, except Mick Ellis said no on two cars only one, so we entered the Gen Lee. In February after a Custom Rodder magazine article on our General appeared we all of a sudden as a shop were on the map. Well ya’ll know the rest, but it was in October of 1982, near to the day when the Hazzard Knytes became the Knytes of Anarchy, in 2008.

1982 the club was founded by 15 young , full of adrenalin and testosterone, gear heads from the tiny Idaho town of Hagerman created the Hazzard County Knytes, Kustmz Association or just Hazzard Knytes for a shorter title. Its been 32 years riding on the shirt tails, and driving in the tire tracks of the Dukes, for me mostly Cooter. Mostly because Cooter mirrored me and my life so close that it wasn’t just a coincidence. Cooter ran a tow truck and fixed cars etc in a small town supposedly in Georgia. I likewise ran and still do a tow truck and built hot rods in a small town in Idaho. Again the rest is history. Of course not too many if any local media firms wanted to publicize the goings ons of the club, so some military and salvaged radio gear from Lewiston High School from a station I worked on years earlier, and Hazzard County Radio station in real life, WHOGG FM went on the air as a outlaw, pirate station. Later made legal, but at first we were as outlaw as a bottle of Uncle Jessie’ finest.

Today wasn’t just Dukes though, Today FXX ran a marathon of SOA, 3 years of the series. So I’d watch a few episodes of SOA, then the Dukes, Then more of the Dukes, then SOA.

Talked a bit text to Eli, if we can figure out for him to go home with some green for two weeks, he’s willing to hop on over here. I said two weeks, I’ll bet the thing could be done in a weekend, but I though I might could recruit Eli to help in the relocation operation.

Been inundated with news clips over Justin Bieber, over his DUI arrest. My take on it is this, he hooks up with Selena, get unhooked, and goes into serious mind swirl. Which I’m sure we all would. If you had ahold of Selena then did something that she gave you the boot, I’d be depressed too. But do we need to have this hammered down our throats. When we got 24 hour news channels, mostly over a situation in the mid east years ago during the tail end of the Carter administration, such outfits like CNN, HLN, MSNBC and others popped up. But I think they loose or can’t find enough content, so when something does happen, be it the Maryland Mall shooting or Bieber, its ten million runs on the entire story. My thoughts, once is enough. It’s one of the core reasons that many goof balls do these mass assassinations. They get their albeit for the wrong thing, but they get their 20 minutes of fame, followed by at least a week of coverage. How about the same news networks doing something on the southern movement, or the Confederate States Party? The only way we’re going to get any attention I’m sorry to say, but I think if we went out and shot someone serious, and important, we’d get the media heat ink. But nothing short of that or mucho muleia .

So had a good Sunday. Don’t know what Charlie has planned for Monday , but to make sure I’m ready headed to bed. Remember a week from Monday, I go completely off line until we get all moved to Ogden, so if ya’ll want to send me something online best be sending it.

TTYL

AYREHEAD SIG1946734_10200757185752132_1261886901_n


Quote of the Day:
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.
--Anonymous
James 4:10“Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
AVI CLUB LOGO WOLFS LAIR TAIL