Tuesday, January 21, 2014

To whom this howl tolls

new blog coverAYREWOLF'S AYRELOG HEADER

Discussions with your superiors or those in command of your resources can be difficult, if not apprehensive. However I have to have a long talk with Charlie later today and I’m not feeling easy about it.

If I can I’m going to attempt to get Charlie more in tune with an earlier departure than a later one.

In any case the office/studio move is on the HUD for the first give or take a day or so.

Saturday had a bad tire on the WolfSub, aka General Jackson, and while on an emergency I can fly to Ogden, bumb Sam’s jeep and tool around a bit, I need mobility, and Sam needs his ride to get to his vocational duties. And being as today is going to be one of a fast touch and go, from here to Charlie’s for my check, fix tire, cash my check, go out to the airport hop one of our 406L’s and fly to Ogden for the burial of Tim, (Sam’s brother) then back its going to be a big day.

There is though a time when one really needs to stand up for yourself and who you are. While grabbling gears going toewing is a feeling like nothing else, more over leaving the ground at rising to through the clouds to 20,000 feet , then hurling through sky at 400mph, is one of a ultimate adrenalin rush, the fact is I’m both those things, but I also discovered something yesterday and I’m now even more stoked on radio.

One of those that I interned with at KEEP AM 1450(now KEZJ AM) is now President and station owner for one of Cox Media’s stations. Paul J Wilson, and I ran overnights at KEEP him weekends , me weeknights. Sometimes me doing news duty him playing tunes. Paul stuck in there when I retreated and went on different career paths. Paul went to Salt Lake City, worked on KCPX a station I did in its early days, but the wrap is, ever since I was about 8 years old I have loved radio, being on it, being in it, always looking for a way for both my radio aspirations and my OTR Trucker ambitions to come together. Which did eventually came together through the TeenAge Truckers Association and into the Knytes. Strangely , my cousin Richie Montgomery, played the DJ radio person on the Dukes of Hazzard on WHOGG AM 1090. Which by the highway is KDOH AM 1090 West Point Idaho. I love radio. I’ve seen what it can do if deployed wisely . Example at the formation of the TeenAge Truckers Association, it was a small 45 minute gig at 11:00AM on KLHS FM 89.1 called Long Haul Radio, the seed of Dixie Diesel Radio, that brought in the members for the TTA. I saw our small outlaw station garner in tons of members and sponsors through the late 70’s early 80’s into the 90’s. I was there when Dixie Diesel, pulled a Grammy for most innovative radio program for a vocational radio show. Of course the written press crawled over that like maggots over a fresh kill, but the fact is we got somewhere. Sure there are downsides. I was jailed over a weekend and a day, when I muttered a joke about running for Sheriff of Power County, and making one certain deputy main under Sheriff , during an election, but radio has power. Your going to get backlash and people who want to ridicule.

Of course there is now. Over the last year I have undergone not only ridicule , but hazing from a few of Charlie’s people , to being delayed, upon delay on launching HazzardAyre OTA, as well as refyring online. But here’s the thing there is a better way. Ogden is not the panacea that people think that I think it is. Utah has its draw backs, likewise its problems. But it does have several things two of which is good for the station, likewise the club, and a booster that I’ll get into in a few here.

Ogden has a office/studio for $175.00 that we have except for a few dotting of the I’s and crossing T’s, is ours. Two Ogden gives us and I can’t say enough of her, not that I have any fascination here, with her, but her professionality, as well as efficiency. Laura at Comcast is riding right along, with the club, to enable us to get the kind of web connection and all that HazzardAyre Radio/TV needs to be the rising phoenix she can be. It’s one thing to try and coax, a signal up at 1mbps or get music, news and such down at barely .09mbps , but I’d rather take my chances running over a stream of 100mbps, and a up of 50mbps. And third , being out the back door of a regional military aviation hub, like Hill Air Force Base, is a plus. Finally having a hangar over near Morgan that we can rent for six months to a year, and the AyreWolvez being able to buy, shortly after means a grand facility, that can be ours for the long flyte. So It all makes sense.

Then there is the simple things, like my Mexicali neighbor next door and his fancy white blazer. I have to do one helluva mule skinning job just to get in and out of the parking spot, because he can’t move that thing back two or three feet. What would happen if I backed into that Blazer? I’ve got Wolf-Pup, backed to the sidewalk, and I have to park LexiBelle two miles down the street. Bullstuff.

But I remember one night a year and a half ago, in September 2012. After the thugs had to steal from LexiBelle, poke a hole in the fuel tank and smash her NEW windshield in Burley, which is why I moved out there to sleep. There at the shop, amongst no cable, no internet and all woke up one night went to the potty with a newsrag that I snaked from radio former pal Kim Lee, he ain’t no pal any more. His Dad is kool, but Kim screwed the club over on a $400K buy of KBAR and well most of you know the rest. Any mile it was sitting on the potty, and knew that night, it was time to get serious about HazzardAyre, more than ever.

The political turmoil in this nation, the desecration of our rights, freedoms and liberties. The overwhelming need of the government into our daily lives, even such things as a FCC agency saying you can’t put a station there because it might step on someone’s signal, when there is no viable signal anywhere on a channel we picked. That’s a subject for another time, but the short fact is, for reasons beyond good reasons I am not a Twin Falls lover anymore. Not saying Idaho sucks, there are many pristine areas all over Idaho. The outdoors, the vast canyons, and all are breathtaking. But when I get some snot nosed girl just barely dry behind the ears calling Charlie’s better half bitching about me. When delays are created by Mandy’s, Joni’s, and others, and when idiots jack the price of a shop from $250.00 a month, to $750.00 a month, that last one forced the elections of a whole new bunch of people throughout the club. Hell I almost lost my slot in the chain of command. It was only when I volunteered to command the AyreWolvez that I got to retain my authority in both the Knytes as well as the sibling AyreWolvez.

Long story made short enough. But considering the time of 02:16 hours I need to hit the rack. But I am having the conversation with Charlie today, fixing tires , and then headed to Ogden for Tim's burial.

L8R Aviators, TTYL

ayretag1 AYREWOLVEZ BLOG LOGO


Quote of the Day:
Copy from one, it's plagiarism; copy from two, it's research.
--Wilson Mizner
Galatians 6:7-8“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
AVI CLUB LOGO NEW KNYTES LOGO 1HEAVENLY TAIL