Friday, January 31, 2014

The Award for the most compassionate and understanding community leader is:

a good hazzardayreA GENERAL GOOD MORNING

Every day or sometimes every other day, I hear from somebody, how can you be associated with Charlie, that he’s this or that, so let me clue in the mass’s and some that ought to be damn thankful he is who he is.

When I hear people cussing and complaining about how bad a boss, or how low the wages are or such at A1, I always, tell them be glad you have a damn job at all. I have seen Charlie help people , give them not only a second but a third, 4th and even 6th chance . I have seen him give housing, uniforms, bail em out of jail, and quite often turn lives around.

Granted it takes allot to get used to Charlie’s gruff, demeanor sometimes, but Charlie is running a very competitive business in an equally competitive and cut throat market. It only takes a fraction of a millisecond for a piece of the equipment to kill or mame someone, so yes his grilling may seem mean, but its to keep someone alive. But I have often seen seen Charlie throw a $20.00 here and there to keep his people happy and extremely well fed.

I met Charlie through a club member. I knew of A1 through news of a dispute Charlie had with the Idaho State Police, but I was still game to writing the book of towing solo. My company is known both bad as well as good throughout 3 mountain west states. Dixie Toewing soon to be Dixie Wolf Toewing has carved out most if not all the innovations in towing’s importance in trucking and motoring circles. That said, I knew little when it came to running a rollback. Outside of one crook I worked for in SLC , my experience in anything other than a tow truck, was lacking. But what did Charlie do? First day I went to the yard, Charlie needed someone to ferry scrap cars to a salvage yard , but Charlie throws me the keys and says have at it. Charlie and I have been friends ever since. Now yes Charlie’s ex decided to repo a favorite car of mine, and I was tiffed for a time, still am a little, so I struck out on my own, to Burley. Based on a lie of a certain motel taxi company owner in Burley, who got his in the end, but I resided in Burley. Even so Charlie treated me as his Cassia county contact. Everything east of the county line in Murtaugh I’d get, everything west A1 took, and there were times we worked together, such as a whole mess of cars and trucks about two acres worth near Burley. A full crew, and even I made $100.00 out of it.

On a humanitarian side, when I was having the damnest of a time getting anybody I mean ANYBODY to be a government required payee, after the little chickadee in Blackfoot failed to meet the challenge, she needs to stick to karaoke , any mile it was Charlie that stepped up, gave me a decent home, and while me and his other half have had our disagreements, mostly on the pin up girl stuff, still Charlie and I get along fine.

Which makes it hard to leave all of this in a month. But life evolves. The resources I need to make a success of life and get off the SSI payroll, are in Utah, not Idaho. The aviation company AyreWolf Aviation, the radio werx for the club, and ultimately raising Dixie Wolf Toewing to its proper level.

Just before Christmas this year the powers that be, met at O'Leary Junior High here in Twin Falls, to have a press briefing. City leaders said it was a city council meeting, naw it was a show and tell for those wanting to jump the canyon here again.

Many of the big TV outfits were here. I mentioned to this gal from CH-7 out of Boise a Stephanie Zeppelin that a story on Charlie would be good. See Stephanie had done this one bit on those who help others, Charlie really is one who steps up. Never heard from her since, but if there was ever an award for the ultimate Humanitarian, or Community Hero, it is Charlie Legg , of A1 Towing And Repair Twin Falls Idaho. Someone I’m proud to call my friend.

TTYL

AYREHEAD SIG1all I do


Quote of the Day:
No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.
--John Calvin Coolidge
Psalm 86:5“You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
NEW KNYTES LOGO 1

TOEW BRO CLUB LOGO 1FAN TAIL