Saturday, August 3, 2013

Is the diagnosis real or are you a cash bull for the Doctor?


There's a big question I need to figure out. See the Doc, said I have diabetes Type 2. Okay groovy, if you listen to it all, you hear your sugar intake and level etc is through the roof. Okay I'll dig that. But by the time, although in my case the VA takes care of part of the costs, by the time you buy the meter, the testing strips, the little needle pokers to poke in your finger to get blood out to test and all, your looking at some healthy income for some health care provider. 
I ran out of testing strips, had to call the Doc, couldn't get in on Friday, and that would not have helped either as the Doc ain't in on Friday's to get new strips. So I can't test anyway until at least Monday. 
My big question is, with all the medical improvements and all, you want to tell me that somewhere on earth , some medical genius ain't come up with a cure for the damn problem of diabetes? I know its reaching, but I feel like my little S-Dime Chevy, outside mechanics love to see it roll in for service, knowing they can add up a ton of green fixing it. Same with my diabetes, I gets to thinking, the Doc must think, groovy baby here comes the old Wolf, he's got diabetes, we can rack up bucks treating this. 
Not saying I don't have anything to be concerned about, and I am trying to watch what I stuff in my gut, thing is I'm eating pretty much what I did before, and I know when the sugar level is off. Who needs to check the numbers, I know that its off. So I take a pill or two and get to feeling a bit better. 
Do you feel that way though that some of these things are like medicines, the drug companies get you sick, and instead of funding to find a cure, all they want to do is treat the symptoms. In essence your a cash bull, for all these insurance companies, and Doctors. 
Been a long day see ya'll on the radio in the AM Sunday, have a club meeting to go to and yes will report on that at 05:00.
L8R Ya'll