Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Corps , the club and me

aw phootenotes

As a air cadet at Pensacola just a green Marine getting into the air, there was the all time advice of the finest air combat aviator to ever get in an aircraft in battle. Greg, Pappy Boyington. Who as it turned out created the infamous BlackSheep Squadron. Of which I was privileged to serve with in the reformed unit designated VMA214, based out of Yuma Arizona. Over time and because I was not yet needed was on reserve active duty I got to be here in Idaho tending to Mom and Dad a thing mediated by my dad through his contacts. Few of which would deny a dear friend, much less a 4 star Marine General. Which Dad retired as.

Any mile Pappy taught, in his lesson book, which I really got into was that once you engage something be it enemy or life, follow through, the target may not come again. In battle of course if you didn’t go through with it once you picked to attack was , if you didn’t go through with it you were dead. Its that simple. By the time I was flying of course we had all the scifi gadgets in the aircraft. But Pappy’ advice carried forth to my life today.

Case n point. The filing deadline for a new LPFM license and all is on the HUD in October. Which considering everything that needs to be done don’t give us much time. If KDXB is going to see air waves the time to engage is now.

Okay so this consultant emailed me today, reminding me its time to crap and get off the pot. He told me he’d get back to me if I gave him the addy of where the mini tower was to be and all. Okay I did. I’m waiting.

Going at this alone is one of those things that I know just enough to be dangerous but not yet lethal. I am in front of the mic, I produce in the studio, the business of broadcasting is not one of my virtues, so I need at times to reach out. Fortunately I have one great friend in big Kelly out at KEZJ, but this other consultant I need to reach out and touch me as the old A.T.&.T commercial said it.

I’m entering reserve stand by today on fire watch and suppression, more over two helicopters and one drop tanker is standing by all three owned by AyreWolf Aviation and leased including us as pilots to BLM . So I’m squeezing as much as I can in this 24 hour rest window. Hopefully these blazes will be contained by mid week. There are 8 burning that we’re working. All 15 of our able air craft are involved except for the Air Tractors.

So I’m sweating, and trying to do as much as I can while also getting as much rest as I can get, so I don’t go to sleep while executing our fire missions in the air.

It’s like the guy doing the T1 work, I told him yesterday if he wanted us as a customer , while I’m stationary is the time to work with me. He sent some documents over, I downloaded them, just got to put em on a disc, print and send off. Any body need a job as being my helper right now?

Same goes with the consultant on the LPFM, when I say now is the time to speak, and lets get at it, I mean now is the time, its called drop everything and everyone else your doing and get to consulting. When I say get back to me , its called get back to me now.

In the last few episodes of the hit TV show the Sopranos, Tony Soprano the father took his rebel teen son to a military school. The instructor said drills and all contained adherence to the Corps, The Corps, The Corps. In the Marines its that indeed. In the Knytes-of-Anarchy, its, to all of us involved, the club, the club, the club. That is and has been in me since the club was born in 1982 and continues through to today. The club, the club, the club.

The best way to get along with me, and the club, if you sniff at the door of the Knytes and or me this old wolf, once you sniff, and I open that door, it means drop everything your doing , concentrate on us, and let’s get it done, because just like in the air, looking down the guns of a mig 23, if you don’t shoot him, he’s going to shoot you.

YouTube and you, next edition of HazzardAyre.

L8R Aviators

MY SIG{3}AYREWOLVEZ LOGO


Quote of the Day:
All men's misfortunes spring from their hatred of being alone.
--Jean de La Bruyère
2 Corinthians 10:17-18“But, “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.

knyte scar SWEET TAIL 2

take time to pray