Friday, August 9, 2013

Works by day but not by night










Sorry for not being on the air overnight, but it would seem like our Internet services provider, SpeedConnect, and us are not getting along very good. Oh don't think that the people there are not great they are, it's just that they are dealing with technology, that is not up to the task.
The art of streaming anything either down or up is one that has exceeded I think, SpeedConnect' ability. 
What I can't understand and yes I am expecting the operational quality that I would get in Utah, Boise, etc. But that's not the case. Here's one of the problems. SpeedConnect has as its backbone running from Idaho Falls to Twin Falls, with cell phone carrier Syringa. Which means if the cell phones are getting used a lot, then my signal on the backend for Internet is scrubbed or hampered. There is a cure, but it would seem that the cure is beyond the funding SpeedConnect wants to invest , at least in Idaho. 
What this means is, the end of October which will be when our bill with Cable-One is fully paid and all, I have to go in with tail between my legs and get them . At least until MegaPath gets installed in six months or so. What blows my rocks is that even with the injured modem, I had before they swapped it out and gave me a new one , that now I can't even download anything from YouTube without reloading, can't watch Internet TV. Before I started this report, I did a signal test. At 11:19 PM, Download is just above 2mps. I tried it twice, first time 1.46mps, next time under 1.mps. like 046mps. Naw this ain't cutting it. With the modem I had before at least I could get through a TV show from hulu, or a radio show. 
Now it could be my computer, so I did 4 level 3 diagnostics. All checked out okay, so its not the computer. Could it be something between me and what ever tower is getting stepped on? Perhaps. Did SpeedConnect' tower get struck by a lightning bolt, screwed that up, and they aren't telling me? Now it could be that for ordinary users, who blog, check email, do Facebook, SpeedConnect is great, its a family value thing. A value to a family, for simplistic use, but not for constant downloading and uploading at the same time, it flat does not have that kind of horsepower. So one more month with SpeedConnect unless something can be corrected, if not come October 1st its bye bye SpeedConnect, hello back to Cable-One, even at their 15mps to 20mps. At least I can do what is needed to keep growing WyldAyre and HazzardAyre Radio respectfully. By April should have things worked out in the new studio where, we have MegaPath running. Granted it'll cost us $350.00 a month, but hopefully that will get-r-done. But I'll test it just like I did SpeedConnect. Ultimately, its about delivering a radio experience unmatched by any both online Internet radio or by OTA. 
So I retract my praise on SpeedConnect. People are good, service responce really great, but operationally the signal dependability, sucks. 
See ya'll in a month on the radio.
Until then I'll keep you informed on the club here in these blogs.
Keep it wings level.
L8R Aviators,