Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Once again no could do the radio show overnight sorry

new blog coveraw phootenotes

Once again download just over 1.02mps, upload, just over .08mps, meaning no radio show. Means also loss of to date $3,000.00 .

The new name for the company called SpeedConnect should be, at least from my point of vision, Sometimes connect at night. Oh the bugger is great as can be just right under 8.mps and upload of at least 3mps, during the day especially in the mid morning hours of 09:00 to 11:00 hours, but at night, the signal fades, and speed reduces. Thought maybe it’s the smoke and the fires raging between Twin falls and Idaho Falls where the final link gets connected.

What I can’t figure since nothing really changed here, is why in March when I signed up with SpeedConnect, the system was near bullet proof. Hell I had better than most connections in Twin Falls, but somewhere in the middle of July, something went sour, and well I can see a hiccup once in awhile, since many things effect wireless internet, but since the middle of July, 3 visits from their techs, swapped in and out 2 modems, and its still dragging, I think somebody needs to climb a tower and do some detective work.

Currently working with Megapath, on a T1 and another that is a firm peddling CenturyLink, who I despise, and A.T.&.T. that cost me even more money and headaches back in 2009 through their Cell service. But if nothing else, going to put tail between my legs and whimper into Cable-One come October 1st. by then our bill with them will be paid, and since I have cable in for TV might as well use it as Internet as well.

Now if your thinking that SpeedConnect is bad all over don’t. Their people are top drawer all the way. The signal is fine for simple domestic family internet that does not require streaming both in download as well as upload like our radio station does. More over most people are not constantly online, but in our world, the main studio is in Buhl. 15 miles away from Twin Falls. Since the FCC will not let me even if I could clear obstructions, will not let me put up a mini tower and aim to Buhl and do a studio transmitter link aka an STL, from here to Buhl. Our FCC license only allows for one STL and that’s from Buhl to the big Transmitter out on Bell Rapids, another 15 mile as straight as eye sight from Buhl.

The main studio is still going under the hammer and wrench the winter last year created multiple problems, from flooring to broken pipes. Its taking a bunch of money, and with us going for a newer license that cost $6,000.00 just to apply, there is very little money still left in the bucket, for $2,000.00 Internet connections. The best we can go is $500.00 and even that’s stretching it. Considering myself wont be here after April, and the main studio is on its own, meaning whatever goes in here, in Twin Falls now, will get moved to Buhl then. But finding a quality provider is a major chore. Keep you posted.

Any way, heading up to the fire lines in the morning, with our Wolf-Pack of AyreWolf Aviation, seems they need our byrds both rotor and winged to suppress some of these wyld fyres.

See ya’ll tomorrow night.

L8R Ya’ll

AYREWOLVEZ LOGO MY SIG{3}


Quote of the Day:
He who laughs last has not yet heard the bad news.
--Bertolt Brecht
Revelation 3:14,20“[To the Church in Laodicea] “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.

knyte scarSWEET TAIL 2