Monday, August 5, 2013

No need to be social on social pages, best do more Face-Time than Facebook












I have talked about this so many times that I get frog throat . 
Todd Friel who hosts the popular church religious program Wretched said it best. The best social place is either at church or in our own communities. You know the people, they know you, you chat on Facebook , but you also chat locally. You see each other in the stores, at the mall, even in the bar. But we have become I think all to scared to be up close and personal.
Now there's nothing wrong with places like LinkedIn , SocialCast and others, when it comes to getting business contacts, likewise things like Twitter is good for posting quick links to your blogs, and or business website. Past those things, how can you really become real , I mean REAL friends with someone that lives 2500 miles away from you? Having people you connect with I think, is based more on the people you really know, and the ones that come on social pages like Facebook. If they flat ignore you, don't respond when you ping them for even just a simple howdy, unfriend em. 
Leave em in your groups if they joined in the first place, but why have em on your friends list? Why have their crap filling your Facebook news feed? Otherwise you ignore me once, fine. Ignore me more than three times, your no longer on my friends list. Most of my Facebook friends are club members, the ones I see each month at meetings, at the shop, or in my area. But any more outside of Robin, my part time publicist, if I don't know you, or if your not a Knyte, or part of the Wolf-Pack, or a supporter of the clubs. DO NOT ASK ME TO BE YOUR FACEBOOK FRIEND. Save the phony crap for some other younger than 50 college kid. I ain't going to confirm any more friends.
Okay then, Bacon again put up some stuff, I figure awe what the heck, let em do what they do or are planning out here at the Oasis. Let em get the door slammed in their faces a bunch then they'll get the idea that maybe being a associate of myself and the club wasn't such a bad idea. What Pastor Bacon does not figure into his plan, is that the club has been centered on trucks, and trucking since it was founded in 1975, as the ONLY 4-H Truck Transportation group ever. While Hazzard County and all mixes in the Knytes-of-Anarchy is a organization of old skool truckers and the old skool trucking way of life. Have been will be. Bacon and his bunch are not truckers, do not speak trucking , or trucker talk, and will not blend in well there. Yes truck stop ministries have been around for many years. The finest is in Salt Lake City that meets at Sap Bros, Truck Stop there. The difference between The River' bunch and the Pastor at the Truckers Church in SLC? The Pastor in SLC also DRIVES A TRUCK. 
Its one of those communities that to be around truckers and talk to truckers, ya'll have to be truckers. 
See ya'll on the bounce around.
L8R Ya'll