Saturday, July 21, 2012

But where is that unity in Idaho for us who toew? It is the Knytes-of-Anarchy!!

hazzardayre blog coverHK PHOOTENOTES

As I watch the urgency of getting move over laws etc passed for motorists to give us room to work on the road doing toews(tows) and as I see the many funeral processions of many in toewing saying a fitting farewell to a lost toew Bro, I need to ask, where is that Unity here in Idaho that I see there?

When I lived , not just existed in Utah, I saw it. Even though I was from out of state, Phil’s Interstate Towing of Bountiful, Utah put my equipment, even none inspected to work in the Morgan County Utah area. More over Intermountain Towing gave me yard space in North Salt Lake so I could at least make ends meet. Tony Pistone who I will ever be endeared to along with son’s Tommy and Colby, helped LexiBelle come back to life, twice once with a clutch another time with a fuel delivery problem. Both Tommy and Colby are members of the Knytes-of-Anarchy Utah Charter . In fact Tommy is President of the Utah Charter of the Knytes.

Here in Idaho, Charlie Legg of A1 Towing Twin Falls and Ricky Lemmons of A1 are members of the Knytes-of-Anarchy, Idaho Charter. Tommy N Thompson of TNT Towing of Boise is a member.

Outside of these, and the rest of our small band of Toew Bro’s here, where is this unity among our industry in Idaho. If one of our own perished in the line of duty, would we see such a parade of brother(sister)hood? Or would it just be forgotten , at least today?

Marvin of Jakes Towing McCammon Idaho also a member of the Knytes-of-Anarchy, said , “he does not think so, everybody is too cut throat to really care. If someone dies here its just more territory for another company” .

I myself can remember when I got in the business as a very young greenhorn. There was no real organization for us under 30 year olds in the business or rural toewers. But I had the shoulders of some very solid heavy weights in Idaho’ towing community to lean on. John W Nausbaum of Johnny’s Towing Twin Falls, Denny Jones, Denny’s Wrecker Service Pocatello, all of the crew of B&W Wrecker Service of Boise, Ray Dyer of Valley Towing & Radiator Twin Falls, to name a few. Many still members of the Knytes, some that have passed on, but back then if one of us had a problem, be it equipment, illness , or regulatory we could lean on each other. We had each others backs, but sadly not today.

Today if one of our Toew Bros helps out, its at full price. No freebee’s .

So while I salute the efforts of all in getting legislation passed so my ass is safe on the road as I do my toews , I want to ask if one of us did die, in the line of duty, would there be the gathering and show of support as in the videos I see from other states?

Sadly I think not.

At least the Knytes-of-Anarchy are working to rebuild that unity.

Stay Tuned

L8R Ya’ll

my blog sigHIGHWAY HOOKER SIG

Psalm 119:30“I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.

Out of Chaos comes peace- Jax Teller  VP  SAMCRO MC

hazzardayre tail 2cache_240_240_hazz_homecoming_4cars-1