Friday, July 20, 2012

My Kryptonite

a hazzardayre rosey headerPHOOTENOTES HEADER

Every guy I think has that one thing that a gal wears or does or perfume she wears that knocks him off center. More over turns a strong Alpha male into a tiny pup.

Maybe it was destined to be this way, considering as far back as age 7 from whatever start, the look , feel, texture, of a gal in nylon hose became my kryptonite. SuperMan had it, even the Dark Knight had it when it came to the temptious CatWoman, even she was leggy if ya’ll remember, the original was always my undoing. She had those tight outfits and those ankle boots, with spiked heels, and this was in 1967.

Of course for me at the beginning of my towing career and it is a career , had this in the mix. I saw an ad on a Yellow Pages banner in 1976 that read, we don’t want your arms and legs just your tows. So the thought was how to make that slogan kick. Literally. So I started becoming more familiar with womens legs more than I had been. About this time the market was getting even tighter in Idaho or my part of it going towing in the greater meaning Hazzard(aka-Hazzard) Idaho. I was still towing as Highway Hooker Towing, so how to do the thing up without it getting slutty.

So I went into private gab sessions with a pro in modeling in Boise, the last real agency in Idaho.

Her view on bare legs was taboo. She wears nylon hose, step one. Okay, that seed planted. By the time Highway Hooker Towing went into being my radio show and the business became the Hazzard County Garage after our rebuild of OUR General Lee, meant getting this on TV meant doing it up Hazzard County style aka Daisy Duke. In the realm of the Dukes, CBS had a mandate of that if Daisy was showing that much leg , she had to wear nylons, it was just that simple. Over the years I became enamored over the fashion of nylon hose on gals which is my kryptonite.

imagesCA4WBPF4Does this make me a freak? Perhaps, but I’ve seen worse, and have known even worser.

So with that in mind dig this, IJUSTLOVETOEWSWe really do love toews, which is the two words toe and tow scrunched together.

With that in your grips dig this, and we go at it each year. As you may know or not know, Bo Duke is the founder of the Children’ Miracle Network. Raising countless dollars for children’ hospitals nationwide. As a Duke fan group, in part, we try to raise money as well.

Last year we did this in Utah since no local talent could be found, we raised nearly $10,000.00 for Bo’s kids. This year we’d like to do even better. So once again the search goes out for the right set of small feet , dainty toes that will wear nylon hose that I put lips and nose to for setting the record, of just how long I can stand to do that. Pledges of money for each minute come in and the club, radio show gets publicity but most important Bo’s kids get needed money.

Interviewed a gal yesterday for a human resources manager, in charge of talent recruitment, training and placement. More over she will be the Studio Manager and assistant Program Director of KTOW/KDXB. Lets see if Lyndsi has the toes that will be in hose to carry this tradition on.

Could we finally be turning the corner?

Let ya’ll know tonight on After The Show.

Until then,

my blog sigSHOW HEADER

ktow highway hooker radio bannercolored logo


Quote of the Day:
Progress depends on people knowing they'll be able to profit from their ideas.
--Deborah Neville
1 John 1:7“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
20132  hazzardayre tail 2