Saturday, July 7, 2012

No one else is the original Highway Hooker but me.

a NEW HAZZARDAYRE HEDDERtoewnotes cover

HHT SLICK 1 Highway Hooker Towing started life in 1976 when as a newbe towing owner operator I was looking for a name for my company that would be keen and not need a bunch of advertising.

On a mid day walk down the country road to my mail box just outside of Hazzard nearer to West-Point Idaho, I fished outta there my latest copy of the original Overdrive Magazine. Of course I’d love to find that pic today, but it don’t exist. Any mile there was a truck in there an 75 Peterbilt, conventional white in color tow truck that the editors of Overdrive title the pic with as the Happy Hooker.

Now b4 we get it on further here for you not in the know, Hooker in this context is the definition of a CB radio term meaning tow truck. Not a wife for rent.

Any mile so I started walking back to the house, the more I thought on it, the better I liked it. At the time commercial vans were the hot rod of choice, many called em Heavy Chevy’s , So I put those together as Heavy Hooker Wrecker Service. Over time the heavy part was swapped out for Highway with the urging of a ad friend of mine, and the Wrecker part was shelved due to the nationwide conversion and discontinued use of the word for our profession and it is a profession,. So then Highway Hooker Towing was born. This ran as us until 1985 when through the death of my Mom and subsequent sale of the old homestead I moved to Boise. At which time Dixie Toewing came into being . When I moved from Boise to Pocatello, I took Dixie with me, but a bike pal of mine took over Highway Hooker Towing of Boise which is what she runs as today. Likewise Highway Hooker Towing also operates out of Malad and Preston Idaho. But make no mistake, Highway Hooker and Dixie Toewing are essentially the same company. But here’s what peeves me.

When I first started using the Internet, with some reluctance, I registered with then MSN/Hotmail as Hwyhooker@hotmail.com , however for some odd reason the fudderbutts at FaceBook allowed someone by the personal name of Stevie to register using my email address at Hotmail. For the dangest I have no idea how to fix that but it’s a poor way to run an empire, but who do you call at FaceBook? Who do you write at FaceBook to tell them they fuggled up? More over to make that person fess up and change their email address?

So in closing on this early morning , anyone have an Idea how to fix this? More over know this, I and only me is the original Highway Hooker.

L8R Ya’ll

PAPPYS SIMPLE SIGkoa wings proper

DIXIE SHIELDhazzardayre tail 2