Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Ain’t I getting picky

HAZZARD AYRE WINGShazzardayre phootenotes

Still looking for cute toes in hose for graphics, are yours cute? Take a pic and email to ayrewolf@gmail.com .

Okay I must be getting picky or very choosy at the very least here’s why.

During my evening news break, as KDXB is the ONLY , NPR station in this area, I was getting pinged from my Facebook page about some gig that’s mostly Hazzard from Cooter’s wife Alma. Most of the time I love to read her pings, but damn she puts one thing up and its 20 people posting. All going in my inbox, plus the interruptions. Hey I’m all for all things Hazzard, and while I am redirecting my Hazzard diet a bit, I’d love to go to the event. Trouble is; even if I had the time, I just don’t have the cash in my stash. Which is why we in the Knytes are building on the gig of throwing something a bit closer in the west, that folks here can afford to go to.

Let’s face it, loading up the entire famdamnly in the SUV or mini van and heading east to Nashville is a real expense. At least 4 overnight stays, fuel, eating out, and then those stadium prices at the event itself. $2,000.00 is a lot considering feeding those 3.5 kids, paying rent or house payment, on McDonalds wages which is the normal here. Or at least farm wages. With farm markets doing flips even previous farm families that were well to do ain’t doing that well. So outside of love for Hazzard, do you justify going 2500 miles one way, to an event that’s going to cost you $2,000.00 plus admission to the even itself?

Cut that in half, reduce the gate fee to $5.00 a family, cut the eats and drink prices in half, put out not just General Lee’ and include all home grown hot rods, tricked out trucks both OTR as well as sport trucks, add some stock cars , have famous and great music, and some civil war historical gigs, put it on for a week, and you have the Hazzard Nationals aka DukesFest West.

Add such acts as Shooter Jennings, Emma Leigh, and a few others and you have a week of Hazzard fun, at half the price, plus folks from California to Arizona, and from Utah , Wyoming and all can afford to drive to and have a southern culture shindig time.

But I was getting off topic here.

I don’t mind getting pinged but only for something REALLY important.

Must be my getting older , but I just do not have the patience or is that patients that I used to have.

Now then; as I bring this in for a landing, got my CD from Emma’s group, took a second try to get it in the computer, trouble is I was thinking there was supposed to be one from her on gospel music? Any way, Emma, and her manager, are ones I can count on, they deliver, which is just what we do here at HazzardAyre.

L8R Ya’ll

AYRESIG PROPERKNYTES WINGS X 2


Quote of the Day:
No great advance has ever been made in science, politics, or religion, without controversy.
--Lyman Beecher
Ephesians 4:15“Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
company banner