Saturday, April 27, 2013

I think we have some peoples attention, Truth is stranger than fiction.

HAZZARD AYRE WINGSPappys Journal, HazzardAyre

The image those have of the legendary Hazzard County, and the pilot that brought the Dukes together in 1978 is a long road. The original story came out in early 1975 , hell I just barely got my license. It showed a place, called Shiloh not Hazzard. Of course there was a Uncle Jessie, a Cooter and even Roscoe, described nearly word for word on the Dukes from script from the MoonRunners.

Kiel Martin played a crafty wheel man who could run shine, His name Bobby Lee. His race car was named Traveler not the General, and while a stock car was not as sweet and pretty.

MoonRunners came out about the time such action packed films as While Line Fever, Breaker Breaker, Vanishing Point. Only built as far as a plot, on running shine. The alternate script got picked up by legendary film actor Clint Eastwood, in making Dirty Mary Crazy Larry.

When you start marching down protected roads telling things that many would just as soon you not, there are people that get nervous.

I could tell a heap amount more of what I know, even contradict a thing Ben(Cooter) said in an interview, for the part of Cooter.

First in the MoonRunners , Cooter was a mob hit man, a part played by Ben Jones was a revenuer, not a part of the family , like Cooter was in the Dukes.

When Ben said something on this thing the cast of the Dukes did for CJMT, that he had to try out for the role of Cooter, try out my ass? He already knew Gy, and Paul Picard, what tryout? He already had the gig. He was about the only one that had the gig for sure. Many I thought was undercast, in other words some roles better than actors, some actors better than the roles.

When it comes to my own involvement, here it was luke warm at best, cars supplied by our shop up here, way after Gy and outdoorsman party had wasted some quail, saw our General Jackson. Bro was not my brother in the way ya’ll might think, in as blood , from the same mother. Bro and I got together, when Mom hired Bro to help me mow the frigging lawn, Hey it was a big lawn. That house of ours was nearly 30 years ahead of its time, an elevator, dumbwaiter, 3 rooms upstairs, a bar, my radio recording music room, and a garage that had a sprayed sparkle ceiling. Find that in your LA beach house. That house had a centralized vacuum system. All ya’ll needed was the wand and hose then plug it in the wall, the vacuum was down stairs in the fruit room. Three pressure tanks, and a full steam water circulating heating cooling environmental system. Wanna know why I get piss’d? Here’s one. Family friend Trustee Montgomery Foundation, comes to visit in May 1984. I’m sitting on the porch coffee, and wife beautiful day. I get told to move. Me? Move? Are your oars in the water? But I got forced out of MY home. Reason, a County assessor, another real estate partner in the same agency, and Trustee, buy property, to make an RV park. However over time the deal fell through. Here’s the meat of this pie. The property tax rates have a grand reduction or crash just prior to the sale of the house and the 50 acres where the house sat on. House sells for $100,000.00 no shit. Today, you couldn’t hardly by the nails in the steps for $100,000.00 . Reason for the sale? Greed. Could I sue, yes but not now, its called the statute of limitations. $500,000.00 is what the house and surrounding land goes for now.

For a long time the house sat empty, I could have got it back, but the hurt of not having Mom & Dad there any more was part of it, the other half never could get the new Trustee to agree to it.

And I’m supposed to be okay with this?

The list goes on, am I bitter? Yes, but I’m healing, and the one crutch that provides the salve for that healing is Jesus on one side and memories of Hazzard on the other.

Like I said Bro was like a biker Bro, although I think Bro was subbed in with Bo, as in Bo Duke? I bet if there covers were pulled off that bed the smell would be a real stench.

I’m not saying any of this to make enemies out of or from those I care a great deal for. From Sonny(Enos) to Ben’s better half Alma, Daisy who I bought dinner for and ate with at the 1981 Salt Lake AutoRama. Oh here’s one for the record book.

The Utah AutoRama then , in 1981 was held at the infamous Temple square Salt Palace.

The studio had brought a General Lee, as a promo, exhibit. We brought mine.

The studio’s had no engine, a big dent on one side.

Ours while a 70 Charger was voted as the more realistic, and more exact than the studios. It was just after than Lou Stepp Productions contracted with us to supply them with used vehicles for the show. We did, but a mere mention here and there would be nice.

I’d like just one damn time to see on Ben’s web site for his theme park, remember the reunion movie? This was something the Dukes were fighting against.

Any mile, I don’t want to be thought of as a hero, Pappy put it best, just show me a Hero, I’ll prove he’s a bumb.

The real question I’m sure many ask is, what do I want money now?

No, not unless someone wants to rake out $200k, that’d do it fine. Make it out to the club, so the club can build an even bigger radio station and all to teach the lessons and history of our southern culture, and isn’t that what the Dukes were all about to begin with? No personally , don’t want big money, but a little acknowledgement of what myself, Bro, and the club provided.

It’s like SOA, Kurt didn’t promise the moon, like Gy did. What Kurt did say, let us use story lines, etc and you can use the name SAMCRO MC, That simple.

No big actors celebrity parties, no big trips to Hollyweird, , I’m okay with our arrangement with SOA, neat thing is, SOA does give some acknowledgement, and even had the Idaho Charter there on set during several filming's as walk ons and stand ons. No big deal, but at least it was a nod in our direction.

The Dukes are not always Hazzard, and Hazzard is not all just the Dukes. And am I working on a screenplay on this? Yes, I’ll give you a hint,

its called : Confederate Steele.

Going to eat, and kick back, Emma is going to call again.

Keep it wings level,

KNYTES WINGS X 2 AYRESIG PROPER


Quote of the Day:
So long as you rob Peter to pay Paul, you'll have Paul's support.
--Anonymous
Luke 19:10“For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.””

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
in the air  hazzardayre tail