Sunday, April 28, 2013

The sayin is, Dixie will rise again. Thing is it already is.

wtf hedder

There is that sayin that goes Dixie and the South will rise again. thing is, I never thought our southern culture ever quit rising. Sure it may have taken a few detours but never stopped refining itself and becoming the infinite power under or more importantly with God, that we were and are.

But we are talking another Dixie on the rise.

Over the last few months in an attempt to maybe distance myself from things Dukes, I was looking for avenues and trade names that could serve yet not put me right in the middle of Duke idolatry. I’m not talking Hazzard County as I think if one were to really look at it, the problem in the two or three of the final years of the shows run is it was all Dukes, not enough of Hazzard. Four Dukes does not make a county, what about the rest of the populous? In so doing however I’ve been thinking I am going against promises I made to many people three that were on or really near their death bed. Paul Picard, Denver Pyle, Boss Hogg, and of course Waylon. That I would continue as hard as I could to preserve the vision that they saw once in the show. Trouble is way too many saw only dollar signs, not preservation of southern rural culture, or the story lines and life lessons that are DOH.

So as such and there is some degree of self preservation here but I have decided to pour on the coal of Dixie Toewing>>>company banner. Once more and reinvigorate the power that is Hazzard,for me to do otherwise in my view would be blaspheme.

I could not go a day without those warriors in the war of invasion of the north screaming in my ears, nor thinking of the blood that was spilled on grounds where graves stand to no name unknown.

This to me is Hazzard, this to me requires reverence and again preservation.

If one was to come north here, in any major community where there is a TV station or other radio station in Idaho, Utah , western Wyoming or eastern Oregon or Washington state, mention the words Dukes of Hazzard, Hazzard County, or the Knytes, first a pin will drop of the resounding silence, second if your not shown the door, faster than Boss Hogg eating raw liver, you’ll get a blank stare, but most importantly, my name will be brought up more times than the Dukes changing tires during an Enos against General Lee chase . Bottom line I am Hazzard County. I live Hazzard County, and over the years never was a time that I ever asked for any money to cover the costs of travel, lodging, or even the studio saying , okay you’ve bought $5,000.00 a month in ad time just to keep the show on in syndication. I did, and felt proud to do so. Hey it was my duty. But I’m looking to taking Hazzard further. It’s not that I haven’t rolled this way in years prior.

During those years that DOH was really dark, it was me , rolling out the Dixie Diesel Shop, the first performance truck shop built on the image of what Cooter would do with a Peterbilt. It was me that out of the Dixie Diesel Shop, created Dixie Diesel Radio, the only over the road truckers show done Hazzard style.

So for me to put on the rear shelf Dixie Toewing and Hazzard County Choppers now would be like cutting out my heart, I just can’t do it.

Now before I go, need to roll this out to Sonny, aka Enos, of Hazzard.

All the time that CMT, ran DOH, I found it a bit selfish on CMT’s behalf, that the other Dukes based series was not ran.

Although suggested through multiple runs, when Enos, got the job in Los Angeles, there was the Series Enos. Why was not that ran as a companion show? Although it was short lived, might have filled in some gaps as far as time lines. In my opinion, the Character Sonny, played was not allowed to mature to its full potential.

Something we here in the Knytes look to cure in the pilot in development called; Confederate Steele.

More on that on Monday, but work calls, and Big C will about 09:00 if I’m not on station at A1 , but there’s some serious discussions that are soon coming Monday.

Now for a few of you, some Confederate trivia. Do you know where the phrase, keep your powder dry came from?

It’s a phrase right out of that great war. See back then, most soldiers used powder muskets, you’d pour gun powder down the barrel, tamp it down, then your steel ball(or bullet) , if the gun powder was wet it wouldn’t fire. This keeping that powder dry was essential, hence, before bed when one could sleep, the commanders would say, sleep well, and keep your powder dry.

L8R Ya’ll, Keep it Wings Level,

AYRESIG PROPERKNYTES WINGS X 2


Quote of the Day:
The wisdom of the wise and the experience of the ages are perpetuated by quotations.
--Benjamin Disraeli
Job 19:25“I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
company banner

koa logohazzardayre tail