Saturday, April 6, 2013

Finally back on HazzardAyre

HAZZARD AYRE WINGS

Finally getting back online. So what did we learn in the short hiatus?

One, innocence is only skin deep and surface candy, underneath ya’ll might find a scorpion. Example, and don’t know for sure , but information I got is that our darling from Filer that said she was so into the HazzardAyre Radio project was really a snoop for Big C’s better half. Seems what I sent our Angel, was then being resent to Jenn. Oh really? Looking back I should have just said send in the fuzz, there’s all too many ways of proving all, so what the hay? There are people who are not 40 plus years residents of our valley, who have little to no idea of the Knytes. Too bad, but too, the Knytes wrote all too many books on valley progress and brought much of it about. So what goes on?

The Knytes are kicking in gear another talent search, after all still need some eye candy for the web site, as well as occasional on air sidekick fill in. However even if I had a hankering to hire more, I’d no more hire just what is needed to cover 2 on air shifts and sales people. Outside of that we hire within the club, not outside of it.

Okay then, got an email from Sonny Shroyers publicist. Which is cool, in its origin. The question was why all things Hazzard encapsulated me as it did and remains so. For me DOH, brought to me a sense of family. The stars on that show considered their fans as family or at least close friends. Not just viewers. The Dukes cast always answered fan mail, much of the time themselves, not some staffer who sent out form letters and an 8X10 glossy.

Now looking back unlike many would have and only one other show has done this. But when I called on the phone Warner Brothers in 1979, and asked about the legalities of us doing up things in real life aka The Hazzard County Garage etc, they could have been smug, but instead both Paul Picard and Gy thought why not no pay publicity. But it did not stop there. Although Gy didn’t Paul Picard among some other cast members ventured to little Hagerman that had long ago been renamed Hazard, since we brought focus on our town with our shop and of course the General Lee, that giving Hagerman the nick name Hazzard was only fitting. The nick name remains today. Unfortunately while I was in the Marines through Desert Storm and Shield, my General Lee, was sold by a zealous greedy tow jock in Pocatello. Although $400.00 would have bailed my General out, nope. Later the jerk who bought it had it crushed. Crushed mind you, how on earth does somebody do that. Must be a Yankee. Can’t trust no northern yankee no how. Again as the script read, when your tripping tall cotton, watch for snakes.

The only other TV show producer that allowed us as a club some leeway is Kurt Sutter aka Sutter Ink, aka SOA. That story in another entry.

I’m finding my new connection still shakey at least at night but we see what goes with a stick on the roof.

Then go to Cable One to pay my old bill, sign by the front door says, “ Payments Accepted Here” So went to pay, guess what? Another falsehood on Cable One, the sign should read, payments with credit card or money order, no cash accepted here. About as accurate as Cable One providing 50 meg Internet. Signed up with SpeedConnect, and couldn’t be happier except download speeds at night, it runs good.

Oh and for those that ask, what about our General? I’m looking for a body, 69 or 70 Charger, the engine and tranny I had in my Gen Lee, I still have, and once transplanted, means serious kickass. Nuff said.

Speaking of Gen Lee’s, did you hear, Mirinda over there in Gooding the gal who shrugged the Knytes, is going to be running an orange ride with our battle flag at MVR this Summer. Funny she didn’t anything to do with the club, but loves the accessories and riding our shirt tail. Same as all too many that slid off the side during our on air radio talent fox hunt. You can bet that in a month or so when that 250k signal is blowing the doors off of just about all stations and radios here, with true confederate Dukes of Hazzard and southern radio, those same seatcovers will be banging at the door wanting a second and or third chance, know what, too bad so sad.

I’m learning from going to Church again that Jesus said to forgive all. I do, but like Jesus, their names are etched in my book and I ain’t forgetting.

Last, over the last few months been juggling the idea of swapping out Dixie Toewing. Well I have decided to leave well enuff alone. The Hazzard County Garage will be coming alive just up the street from A1 Automotive here, on 5th along with Dixie Toewing. While in the short haul I’ll be doing up things in and with Big C and A1, I’m also busting hump to bring back together in its glory, the oldest single owned by the same person towing and hot rod shop in the Magic Valley. Perhaps Idaho.

No as I close, it really piss’ off some women when you call their bluff. Example, gal named Hilliary , works at Anchors here. For months been courting her on being a feature on the 2014 Hazzard County Calendar. She’s only been teasing as I knew she was. But here’s the question, I know they make great tips and all, but a cocktail server, in hot shorts and not so fashionable boots strutting sounds safe, in front of oddly enuff horny cowguys and so on , yet are too embarrassed to wear similar on a closed set to photograph with hot rods and or a truck or two, and go home with a grand in her pocket. Am I missing something here?

Again for those that ask , just go to an agency. Hell I’d like too. I’d like nothing better than to call up a central phone number, cast the deal, and have it paid, shot in the can as they say done. Unfortunately there is no such resource here so gotta do it the old fashioned risky way, just ask the who that may be.

More Saturday, join me at Church at The River. In Twin Falls.

L8R Ya’ll

ayretag1 AYRESIG PROPER


Quote of the Day:
Hurry! I never hurry. I have no time to hurry.
--Igor Stravinsky
1 John 3:16“This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
rebel tail