Sunday, June 9, 2013

Cleaning House on Facebook

Good Morning

Every other hour I check my Facebook pages for news from you our club members, our associates and so on. Plus to hear your opinions and what ya’ll want on HazzardAyre Radio.

But I also get a bunch of friends requests. Most of these last long enough to be seriously taken, or because of a cause I am into. When Warner Brothers was getting pushed to take our battle flag off ye old Gen Lee, Alma, Cooter’s wife sent out a call to action. So by all means I got involved so did the Knytes. After I must have gotten tons of friend requests. Thing is those friend requests came from casual friends of the Dukes, some genuine fans and supporters and the rest of those riding the shirt tails of the popularity of the show.

Over time these friends I deleted. Then came this thing over a safety campaign on getting people to move the hell over so we who toew could work without getting ran over, squished between and otherwise hurt. So I started barking, as of course tons of friends requests. Thing is most are or were from people miles away from here if not thousands of miles, toewing in major cities, or areas of major cities.

Toewing in the Mountain West is different, something happens you get dispatched from the fuzz, but 7 out of 10 times I’m there before the cops or emergency services people get there. I have to have my own traffic control, flaggers and all, why? Cop gets there does his assessment, investigation then leaves, the Emergency med people, or fire department gets there does their duty and their gone. Now its my turn, I have to recover the vehicle, ready it for transport, clean up the mess and maybe I get home in 4 hours. It’s remote out here and that is for a major wreck. If it’s a slide off or such, its just me. You get there, get it pulled back on the road or ready it for toew then get your butt out of there before you get hit. Cell phones and GPS and all those new fangled toys are great in the city, but out in BFE, those toys don’t work well, nor does those part plastic and part aluminum trucks. Quick pick toew trucks, those are great on a impound or repo, but a hard pull, up a steep mountain bank, to the highway, those Tonka toys are befuddled. It takes trucks like LexiBelle>Lexi in green to git-r-done. Say what you will, but in 30 years of toewing all vehicles, I can proudly say I as of yet do not have one , not one damage claim or wreck in the performance of toewing.

Any mile I’m off topic, sorry. So I’m going through , most if not all my contacts, and such, of so called Facebook friends, the bottom line? If I don’t know you, if you don’t live near or in Twin Falls Idaho. I ain’t going to honor your Friend requests so don’t bother me.

L8R Ya’ll gotta get ready for church, that’s the kind of fellowship I need, not Facebook.

See ya’ll on the radio,

sign offdixie wings 1


Quote of the Day:
A rumor is one thing that gets thicker instead of thinner as it is spread.
--Richard Armour
Matthew 7:13-14“[The Narrow and Wide Gates] “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
knyte scar KNYTESTAIL