Friday, June 7, 2013

Wasn’t I the blessed one?

AYRELOG HEDDER TEMPLATE

As I was taking my mid morning nap I got to thinking, my have I been the blessed one.

From the hour of my birth I have had a life, that has been both privileged and blessed.

I have been fortunate to have had the same parents from birth.

Mom And Dad married , dad had one wife before my Mom but, all the time, my mom and dad stuck together, albeit they did have what I’d call some near knock down drag out fights, still Mom never left, Dad never struck Mom, Dad always provided a decent income to our home, Mom worked part military as well as civil service at Hill Air Force Base Utah, Dad did double duty as an OSI officer at Hill, and all the time, Dad and Mom from some God inspired or provided ability, to look at property or some investment, where they’d buy low, sell high or build better what they bought. I unfortunately do not have that skill as well as they did, but I do have that instinct to stick with something until the crop so to speak is ready for harvest.

It wasn’t until I was 7, years old that a miracle started, although the miracle is still in court to get our investment back, but I can remember My Dad, a guy named Ed Thomas and another man from Brigham City Utah, named O Jay Call, created a partly high class Truck Stop in Ogden Utah on ground Dad owned. That truck stop grew into what some of you know as Flying J.

Thing is I never have wanted for anything ever. The only times I have been down and out is when I didn’t know how to manage money well. Mom & Dad made sure I would not loose it all, Mom brought in two close family members who became Trustees of something called the Montgomery Foundation. The one blew our house when he conspired with a real estate broker in Hagerman of Jensen Realty, on the sale of our family home. Their dealings blew up in their faces, but fact is I lost the house, but I still had a roof over my head, money in my pocket and a company to run, my company that is part AyreWolf Aviation the other Dixie Toewing.

In 2003 when Flying J went bankrupt, it took the majority of the Foundations money with it. That is still in court to get our money back. Of that $250,million, I’ll be able to recover about $25, million after attorneys are paid, but even at that $25,million is not bad , that’s expected in mid year 2015. The bottom line I hear at Church and so many places, how bad marriages, bad drug addictions etc, brought people to God, thing is I have always been with God, and maybe that’s why I have always been so blessed.

As I close to get some more sleep, I need to say, that last night watching a poor River Softball team trying to win which they didn’t game, there was this gal from Hollister Idaho, there that was asking questions about the River, who she being LDS, Kenny the friend of mine did not have answers for. I suppose it takes someone that knows LDS teachings to answer such questions. I think though this gal was looking for a guy to keep. Why else drive to a men's softball game from Hollister for something to do.

Had Kenny not been there I most likely would have invited her back to my place. I didn’t but I sure wanted to.

Haven’t heard from our sis Nancy in a few days, and calls are going unanswered or going to straight voice mail. In that I’m not upset , just concerned as her Durango, is at a close friends getting repaired that I’m paying for parts for.

Maybe Nancy will call today.

Sometimes making a friend so close to a close friend can make some guys a bit nervous, and I think Nancy’ hubby has voiced some objection somewhere and that’s the cause of the disconnect. We will see,.

Any mile I’m asleep until after 15:00 hours, so see ya’ll on the radio, if I’m lucky SpeedConnect wont cop out at 04:00 in the morning.

L8R Ya’ll

sign offAYREWOLVEZ BLOG LOGO


Quote of the Day:
WARNING: Repeated brain usage may be harmful to others.
--rdude
Psalm 90:2,4“Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
AYREWOLVEZ LOGO KNYTESTAIL