Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Big offer, unsettled mind

HAZZARDAYRE PHOOTENOTES after the show hedder

Last night just before I went on air here, I got a helluva offer.

One of the other radio media groups in this area, wont say who, but one offered me and the club, the sum of $200K for the station license and area operational rights. Twice the amount if we sold the AM with it.

After the events on Monday, I would be lying if I said the idea is not churning in my innerds something fierce.

With $200k, I could easily clear out of this end of Idaho, if not completely out of no go Idaho, move my butt to either Wyoming or Utah, take some of the $200K rebuild one of our broadcast properties in either American Falls or near Evanston Wyoming. And not really think twice.

I have a meeting with some of my local crew as well as a media broker on Thursday to see if the offer is worth it, but its not because I have any loyalty to this end or any Idaho anything, that I’d stay. My Hazzard County tenacity and Confederate pride says stay put and at least do what I set out to do here in late 2005, but I’ll tell ya’ll one more thing that happens like today did, and I’m signing papers. Course have to run this through club HQ , but most I think of the club, are in agreement of just absorbing the Idaho charter into Utah’s and let someone else have these headaches. I’m all for heading east to Wyoming, and breathing in new air. Yes Wyoming is colder temp wise, but I’ll tell ya’ll this, when I resided there, I had bar money, I went to sing Karaoke every Thursday, I had friends and I was able to laugh on a regular basis. Plus LexiBelle wasn’t in competition all the time with damn near show trucks. The Three Sisters Pass east of Evanston on I-80 there doesn’t care if it’s a new truck or old, people trapped up there on snowy nights only care to get out of there. In essence I made money. Sure there weren’t any more female radio people in town there, but an hour out and 80 miles west and south is Salt Lake City, and I had voices and visuals all I needed.

Just thought ya’ll should know, one more hiccup, and this long haul kaynyne is outta here.

I’m in bed with a migraine so see ya’ll after 15:00 hours Tuesday.

L8R

pappys ayre sigHAZZARD AYRE WINGS


Quote of the Day:
No mind is thoroughly well-organized that is deficient in a sense of humor.
--Samuel Taylor Coleridge
John 8:31-32“[Dispute Over Whose Children Jesus’ Opponents Are] To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.””

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
ayrewolvez logo  LOG TAIL 1