Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Some of the happiest people have the smell of a cow barn

HAZZARDAYRE TAG 1after the show hedder

I still haven’t got the green light from our new Miss AyreWolf to tell you about her here, so I’ll pass that off, and get into the topic.

I got inspiration on this from Our Miss AyreWolf 2013, from a photo posted on her fb page, and thought I’d expand on that a bit.

Since I can’t talk might as well write.

Any flyte, I think it was on the movie Bruce Almighty that it was said best , that the happiest people on earth come home smelling like hell. Hard work that sheds sweat is not bad, in fact its honest. No corporate politics, no back room deals, no nothing but straight forward work.

It’s like gals I have met. Some of the dearest women I have had the pleasure of spending time with are the ones not trying to put on a public show with their looks or bodies, but are quite content just being themselves.

It’s like somebody asked me not too long ago, if there was one place I’d love to live, it’d have to be of course in Hazzard. Well my Hazzard, Idaho. Our family while we did well money wise didn’t really have all that much in worldly goods. While the house was grand by all standards and at least 20 plus years ahead of its time was built with hard work, lots of sweat and much of it by ourselves. I can remember the nights, mom would put Bag Balm on her hands after sanding 8 times 4 on each side of every damn door and there were many, of that house. Then Varathaning each door another 8 times , light sanding between each coat. I can remember stringing wire and hooking up each individual plug to its own breaker switch in the control box. We must have strung enough wire in that house to wire the Pentagon twelve times. Yet at the end of the day, on that front deck, sitting there as only the Doves, and quail sang and we sipped our home made shine, it was just the three of us.

Of course the reasons I had to leave outside of service to the USMC, I have told, many times, but that’s where my mind races when over done by stress today.

I truly wish I could see a future like that of then, but sadly I can’t. But in my minds memory I can relive those days, of racing all around the valley in the General Lee, watching kids of the era climb to the fence at all Junior and grade schools in Twin Falls just to catch a glimpse of OUR General, I can remember the innocent days of busting our knuckles on a 49 Ford F100 to get it ready for a car show, that rivaled all the store bought customs there. After which such innocent releases was ice cream at the A&W on Blue Lakes BLVD where Mister Burger is now. Or Roller Skating where I wasn’t very good, but it was fun.

I can also remember seeing Jimmy and his family, loving each other in rather bleak looking living conditions, but they made it work, and it was there’s. Many envied my life, but having money does not always mean bliss.

It was just after Mom passed and as much as the club guarded me, I felt like a mouse on a field being eyeballed by a great hoot owl. Seemed like every eligible female wanted me. Not for me, but what was attached to my wallet. But I was way too stupid to know. It was at the end of my last marriage that I flat determined that I would dress close to being southern country as I could, drive an older truck, and just be me.

Of course Radio stardom didn’t allow that very much, but I decided that if a gal truly wanted to be personal with me, she would take the time to get to know me, not the club, not the radio gig, certainly not AyreWolf Aviation, Dixie-Deere Racing, or Hazzard County Choppers, just get to know me. And make it honest.

It’s like my extended family in Soda Springs and Grace Idaho.

My Uncle Dell, is the best example. My Cousin Claude, is a supervisor and design tech for Utah Power, He makes good money, but he is most happy riding those hay fields on his horse in solitude. My Aunt Delora, was happiest doing barn milking chores, feeding everything from chickens to peacocks, making great sweet rolls and homemade bread, and that homemade ice cream. In short they didn’t have a lot of worldly riches , but they had a love of family and desires of protecting family traditions that bound them together unlike the wilds of today. My second cousin Brady, Claude's son, is a champion NFR Cowboy but is most happy on a lone trail on his horse.

I can remember summers there, the three of us, myself , cousin Claude, and, cousin Raydean down the field, racing each other moving sprinkler pipe. Sitting under that tiny apple tree and chowing down green apples till we were sick, but it was fun. I was completely happy.

These are some of the innocent and family values we try to impart on today’s radio scene on HazzardAyre. But there are those that love to find fault.

There are those that say we are a bit too wild for them, yet they air HeeHaw, and WKRP, and we are the ones they call racy? Come on give it a break. Looks to me like I need to get hooked back up to cable TV again, don’t it?

But aside that, There are many TV shows that even Family Net does not run.

Of many from the Dukes-of-Hazzard, Airwolf, B.j.& The Bear and some others, they should run. This is why we are bringing to light something called Confederate Star TV, in 2015. But until we get there, doing up HazzardAyre Radio is job one.

But I like to keep it simple and honest. And while way too many of the lovelies that hindered to entering the Wolf’s Den to take part in the thoughts of something terrible would happen to them, is at best a big laugh. As it is our and my idea, no gal is going to have anything happen to them, that they don’t want to happen. If they don’t want extra attention, do not brush off those pheromones .

I come from a family and heritage that put most women on a throne treated them with respect. And like a lady at ALL TIMES.

It’s true, that some of the happiest people smell like hell at the end of the day, just like working on a farm. Or coming from the milk barn.

More flu meds then, bed, hope I’m able to do radio overnight.

L8R Ya’ll

my sig[2] ayrewolvez logo


Quote of the Day:
Act as if it were impossible to fail.
--Dorothea Brande
Matthew 6:19-21“[Treasures in Heaven] “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
KNYTESBATTLEFLAG           LOG TAIL 1