Monday, January 14, 2013

Greetings from the land of Tweakers and Neanderthals .

HAZZARDAYRE TAG 1HAZZARDAYRE PHOOTENOTES

Grreetings from the land of Tweakers and Neanderthals.

I greet you this hour with some hard news. One of our brothers has passed away today due to an accident up on U.S. 89 between Afton Wyoming and Jackson Hole.

Ray Beeson was one of our Utah, founding members and a long loyal supporter of the club dating all the way back to when we tricked out Hot Wheels cars at Mrs. Jacobsen’s house when she was our Den Mother of Cub Scout troop, 303, Layton Utah. I just got news, I’ll get more to you on this as I get it, as well as funeral arrangements etc. It’d be nice to have a bunch of us there for club support.

Now then, times like this immediately makes one take inventory of ourselves. We look at where we have been, where we’re going and more important of why we rather I do, what I do, and why I work so much at what I do.

While the current lap of the race of life of the club, is of all things Hazzard, it isn’t the first of it. The first came in 1967 when a few of Pack 303 in Layton started building 1/19th scale hot rods. This was such a thing that Kent Jacobsen one our real founding members mom’s who was our Den Mother, helped put together a Merit Badge for it . In 1970 because I was working with Correy Hansen another one of the founders there in Utah’s Dad’s Suzuki, I got my first vehicle, if one want to call it that. A Suzuki MT 50 J Trail Hopper. That with some modifications became a mini chopper. Yes one could say we really did become an MC then. We called ourselves the Street Commanders. Mini bikes of all kinds, and we rode the hell out of them. When in 1972 Mom and Dad did the unthinkable and moved here to Idaho which even to today wished they’d have rethought that move. Hell if Mom & Dad would have stayed in Utah, my life would be entirely different today. In fact I’d have married my Junior High sweetheart, graduated with higher grades, got a degree, completed ROTC much earlier and would no doubt be a media engineer in a major market station like KSL, or at least an aerospace engineer. But oh well. In 1973 I found a CB Radio, modified it and got into trucks , big trucks and trucking the rest ya’ll know.

There are a lot of people who don’t like the club. Mostly because we bring change, some good other times not so much good, but change yes. We loosen up the sort of moral religious restrictions and super conservativity, to the valley and open it up to those who have a dream, but always hear no. Or that can’t be done here. We are the ones that proclaim the adage of instead of saying why here? We say why the hell not here?

One of the things kicking our butts  here is some detractors who have this idea that the project of HazzardAyre is to lure unsuspecting single or almost single females into the lair for some sexual something. I can tell you, I don’t need to do that. While I’m not getting any of that kind of action, still if I need hiney , weather and money in my hand and a trip to Wells Nevada takes care of the need. While having a significant other might be cool, the idea of female/male in studio is not to do the big nasty. Its to be on air proclaiming the teachings of the modern confederacy, as well as the world of Hazzard. Not for me getting hinky or kinky. Okay the toe in hose thing might suggest the other way around, but its at best a comedy bit, and an attention grabber , Not a sexual act, since no one has ever got kinky here, and I’ll never do that at least in a professional way. But there are those that want to make it sound that way. If I quit now it’d mean they won, More over they might’ve been right. Thing is Hazzard County pride and Confederate tenacity, will not let me back down. But money is getting tightened up if there is nothing being straightened out. So here’s the thing. If many of you who say they support the club and HazzardAyre wants to see it really move faster than it is, time to do a fund raiser. See if there are those not already funding the project to put up some money. All we need is 40 people, to cough up $100.00 in donations, and we’d be in good light with the club. This is something I could take to the club’s officers and say the community does want us after all.

I’m working with a cat who has a big crib, here in Twin, that the idea is a two night jamb session to raise money for HazzardAyre and the Knytes-of-Anarchy. I think, no I’m sure that the attitude of those outside of us looking in would change if they saw , something solid happening. Including Big C. If we got at least 2 people wasting rubber of sole, beating the street to find advertisers, to cough up a $100.00 a month with unlimited airings of an ad message. All it takes is just 40 to get us in full operation and show the club, that the support is here. So members of our Tragic Valley charter get out there. Likewise those becoming prospective employees of Confederate Star/HazzardAyre, a good faith effort is your ability to get those who don’t know of us yet to put up $’s This way you show your enthusiasm and loyalty, to the club through HazzardAyre. If we all scrounged up 40 people, bringing in $100.00 a snag, We could have the $50k, we really could use. Then you’d see the club move much faster and those detractors going in reverse.

Any mile I’m going to bed for a few hours, so I can be on air tonight.

As I close, I’ll repeat, here, I’ll be leaning more on the Ayre side of HazzardAyre for about the next 6 months.

More on that overnight and in Tuesday’s HazzardAyre.

L8R Ya’ll

pappys ayre sigHAZZARD AYRE WINGS


Quote of the Day:
Recommend to your children virtue; that alone can make them happy, not gold.
--Ludwig van Beethoven
1 John 4:20-21“Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
ayrewolvez logo  new tail