Thursday, January 17, 2013

Once again being ignored, but not for long.

HAZZARDAYRE TAG 1hwyhooker tymez

I always love how the urban big city and not of the Mountain West tow pages and people love to ignore us here in Idaho and especially us one and three truck family tow services.

We exist out on the open ranges and not always in the lush pavements of those mega, new truck, super fleets.

Oh sure I’d love as much as anyone a new $500k rotator, or that new $80k rollback. But the difference is keeping things small, having everything I run paid for and still trying to make a buck a fair buck doing this profession, is by a far cry much different than in those big cities where making $5,k before breakfast is a common occurrence.

But should our voices not be heard? Should our trucks not be seen, hey our rigs may be old, but they look good, even with a few hundred thousand miles on em, and again ours is all paid for, and maintained by ourselves, usually the owner which is usually the guy answering that midnight sub zero cold call. If one of us gets sick with the flu, there isn’t many who can sub for the owner driver. Unless gifted with a son , daughter and even a wife properly trained to go out a fetch a stranded motorist. Yet should we get ignored?

I read this thing on Facebook called I Love Tow Trucks. Put up many postings and yet I never get acknowledged for it. More over they are doing up this thing of truck of the week, why not feature one of our older workhorses? They asked for another administrator. I said I’d do it, not even one mention of my interest.

It’s just like in the late 80’s, there was this big pow-wow in Medford Oregon. After wanting to for several years I’d mustered up the funds to go. So I piloted my mini service unit, up to Medford. First there was the amount to stay at this posh motel there, $150.00 a night? Really? Couldn’t they have gave show attendees a break on price? Then went to some seminar that cost me $300.00. Only to be insulted by one of Speeds Towing’ operators there saying something along the lines of, ah he’s just some small tow service out of Idaho.

Know what, I let my TRAA membership run out, and did little in ever going to something like that again.

It was about that time I started working on bringing to boil even more so an organization of us small rural one man operation to a group of again us smaller companies. Why should we not have access to all this training that the bigger cities and such gets? How about WreckMasters, which had not yet came about, nor had TRAA’s certification program, but The Rode Knytes Association our group started a thing under law enforcement director at the time, Kelly Pierce , called Road Resque Certification. Program is still in operation.

Part of the growth of KTOW Radio is in large part because of The Rode Knytes.

But try to get fancy smancy Facebook pages like I Love Tow Trucks to even give us a tip of the hat? To put it, If I held my breath for that tip of the hat, I’d turn blue.

When John Hawkins of Tow Times Magazine in fact the creator of such, called for an industry wide declination of the use of the word WRECKER or as he called it the W word, we in the Rode Knytes all were on board. In fact many of us changed names of our companies to get rid of the W word.

The list could go on, but whether it be a pink truck of which 3 of mine wear, simply because I saw a pink and yellow truck on a long ago TV movie that had one that I thought was hot, combined with a black pink 75 Road Runner with that combination of colors, and with a name of Highway Hooker Toewing, couldn’t do nothing less.

Any mile more on the radio overnight, but thought ya’ll ought to know and by the Way Jay, and BR how about giving us and me some credit.

L8R Ya’ll

my sig[2]hht logo new


Quote of the Day:
It is not the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog!
--Anonymous
Philippians 2:14-16“Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
me club new tail