Monday, July 15, 2013

How the Wolf entered Hazzard County

aw phootenotesHAZZARDAYRE TAG2 BIG

The Wolf entered Hazzard County in 1997, back then I was doing duty at Deseret Transportation. Cuzzin Bud had arranged a gig servicing trucks at their facility in Salt Lake City, one morning, as I was carrying my large mug of coffee and enjoying my SKOAL in a LDS Church facility, the Forman there Rocky said I really was the Wolf in amongst the sheep. Never paid that no mind, but thought that doing the radio gig as Cooter as I had, had gotten old. So whilest coming up with a new on air handle went over many and arrived on the handle of Rode(Road) Wolf. The High octane canine of the Interstate, and so on. In 1999 I got recalled into the Marines, doing some OSI duty, flying. One of my Co’s had again called me the wolf in amongst the Sheep, which seemed proper since I was serving with the infamous VMA214 BlackSheep Squadron. Based these days out of Yuma AZ. Any mile since I was then flying SAR Helo’s and all the thought of doing my AFRN gig as Airwolf was keen. However there was a slight copyright quirk and as such a slight tweak on the spelling and AyreWolf was born and became me. When I got states side in 2004 just before The Montgomery Foundation got sequestered into court with Flying J in the reformation into Pilot Flying J, with just over $300,k in the cash stash, what had been known as Eagle Star Flying Service my Dad and brother’ farm aviation company was reborn, as AyreWolf Aviation, and remains that way today, ran by my third cousin, Randy. I still own the outfit, but Randy is the day to day person. But that’s how Cooter at least me came to be AyreWolf, leaving the Cooter thing to Ben Jones aka Crazy Cooter from DOH.

Now back to HazzardAyre Radio.

L8R Ya’ll

CLUB M,E 


Quote of the Day:
Reason often makes mistakes, but conscience never does.
--Josh Billings
James 1:21“Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
SWEET TAIL 2 5b5834557d5f3c906378a331_565x292