Monday, July 1, 2013

Once upon a time there was peace

aw new knyte flyte

Once upon a time there was the situation of a condition that lead me to a place near Twin falls Idaho called the River.

I did go. At first I felt like a skunk in a hen house but I thought this will pass. Went to some deal the night after services, that had a meal connected to it, so far liking this. So kept going, a few of these super type guys who worked next door. When I explained I myself, with a Motorcycle Club and such were building up the most high octane radio station to bring the message of Jesus to bikers and truckers and yes us Southern Christians, (there’s a major difference ) over airwaves.

In a nut shell, it was these engineer types said if we can be of help let em know. However when I called them on their offer it was, ah, ain’t got time, etc. Why offer then take back the offer, if your going to do something carry through or shut up.

Then there was a ruckus over something that I had said about another, when in fact I was talking of myself, that got misconstrued, so with that level of hostility.

So I was getting into a groove of seeing if I had sort of been forgiven, as we are to do , as God says, forgive as God forgives us.

Now this next thing was not just about a can of Skoal, or to bum some money for that and a gallon of milk to get up to later this morning, it was a way I thought to invite Bryan for once to come over, take a ride down the street to get my nicotine and moo juice needs taken care of, but also discuss some things that were keeping me from going to church and asking if there was some ways to mend some fences. Without just coming right out and saying it, kinda wanted to keep the gig in stealth mode.

But instead of getting to know me, know what was said in both my previous blogs about the River, hey I’m not a happy church goer there, but I'm doing my best to be able too. Yes there was some sour cream that flowed through the milker there, but if one is trying to  fix things dang it, is it not the Pastor’s whatever to at least sit down. One did, but I thought that it might be best for me not to go for a few weeks.

The fact that nobody from the River has even been by and said how are you doing? That hurts, at least the LDS church sends out Home Teachers.

So then after it all, and knowing this guy’s not going to show up, I give up, and just chalk it up as feelings still must be a bit frigid there yet. But then Pastor Bacon shoots back a message, with the tone being one of aggravation, really? Puts return to the River at an even larger question mark. Eastern Idaho is looking a lot more stable.

In my way of thinking, if I see a person and have done so often, needing a can of Skoal, smokes, soda what ever, if I have a few extra bucks I have no problem giving that person his or her desires. It opens a door to minister and/or witness to this person. See if they have found the love of Jesus. In the same lane, it says in our Bible, if someone is hungry feed them, if someone is thirsty, give them drink, if they are naked, give them your shirt, in this heat you give anyone a coat and they’ll die. Ultimately, if you have some extra whatever cash, food, time . Don’t put conditions on it, don’t say, naw I can’t help you because you said this or that. The deed of helping that person can just be the way you and that person, get together and discuss and settle what’s troubling you. That’s what God means, that’s what I do, and why I still love Church, at the Hazzard Rest Area, by our part of the real River.

L8R Ya’ll

DXEWYNGS sign off


Quote of the Day:
For Sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds; Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds.
--William Shakespeare
Romans 12:3“[Humble Service in the Body of Christ] For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
knyte scar