Sunday, July 21, 2013

Oh how I wish I truly was in Dixie

DAILY GRIND

Oh how I truly wish I were in Dixie.

In due recognition of my previous entry here, I really wish there was a agency to hire short term acting, modeling and even radio talent regardless of gender from. Sadly Twin Falls is not one of those towns. So one has to go through a cudzillion of avenues like posting ads on near fraud sites like CraigsList, to hopefully dredge up what little acting, or such talent might be available.

Forget open calls at say the local mall, area mall managers not keen on the idea, guess Ogden or Layton Utah’s Malls are more receptive to such ideas.

Forget recruiting from a local radio/tv school, there aren’t any , anymore. Thought being why? No live or little LIVE radio being done any more. Thing is even those on Sirius-XM are media/radio personalities, they need to train somewhere, but certainly not Twin Falls Idaho. Maybe Utah, there was one there once but got bought out by a nursing school that ran the radio school into the ground and killed it.

With Idaho and especially Twin Falls only counting for maybe a 1/2 percent of broadcast penetration there is little incentive for anyone including a area land grant college to devote resources to a course in even broadcast basics education. Most of anyone on radio here, if they get on radio here no matter the gender most of the time just pushes buttons. Few speak, and even fewer put any , well, personality into a radio show.

Oh yes, such shows as Bob & Tom etc are groovy, but they are not produced here. Just aired. As far as any of the stations being truly being locally owned, there are two, Confederate Steele/HazzardAyre and Lee Family Broadcasting, the rest although locally managed(to a point) are owned by huge media conglomerates like Cumulus Broadcasting. Formerly Citadel(KBOI).

I used to cuss the area stations of not having a living body during the day on air, aside from morning drive and afternoon drive times. Reason they don’t? Who are they going to hire? There are few if any real pro broadcasters never mind gender that is looking for radio career jobs. Fewer, that walk in with a resume, air check, and can sit down at even the most modest of consoles and deliver a show just off the sidewalk. It ain’t here. So doing my gut feelings, we still build what was intended, have someone manage ops here, get in truck make a house for it all in Eastern Idaho, and in a year or so, fire up things on that end and link the two together.

I mentioned being in Dixie. Reason? Most, not all, but most in our beloved Dixie, are people who haven’t got their head up their butts, in fear that someone might do some evil to them. See a radio job, take it. Plus there are agencies and other human resources agencies that one can make one call that’s all, and have the whatever project done in a week or less, in the can(film canister) and out to distributors, webmasters etc. Not in Idaho, and damn well not Twin Falls. The fact that most see me and think can’t be, must always be reminded, it ain’t me. I’m but one of 10 people working in the media arm of the Knytes-of-Anarchy, and its parent the United American Independent Truckers Association. They call up the marching orders, Its my job to get the Wolf-Pack, the Knytes and who ever else, to get on board and carry out those orders. Its not my money, it’s the clubs. They say what is what , they giveth and they takeith away.

Then there is my current domestic situation. I never ever wanted nor asked to move back to Twin Falls. In fact my thoughts were that if I were to move away from the Mini Cassia area that it’d be east or south. But the gal that was my SSI Payee kept sending the wrong checks for the wrong amounts to the wrong people. Hell my final check from her was two weeks late, because it was the post offices fault? Someone was keeping the money in their drawer. Any mile, I had, had enough, so in frustration I slept in my shop, there. Mice and all. Finally got another place there was nesting in, called Big C to get him to take over those payee duties, he would but only if I moved here to Twin Falls. I did, but gave up a shop, an apartment with all paid including cable and internet all to save $40.00 a month and make sure bills were paid. Okay I’m here, some doors look to be opening , got some assistance from the VA on housing, got to finalize that Monday, which will put a few extra bucks in my pocket, this way can get a shop and all. Not to go back in the toew bizz, nope, to rejuvenate my trucks get my affairs in order, then after the radio station here is flowing like a gusher, get me and my wolf-pack outta here.

If we could only get the honesty of Dixie here out west and here in Idaho, and the carpetbaggers out.

L8R Ya’ll

DXEWYNGSCLUB M,E


Quote of the Day:
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything
--Anonymous
Psalm 119:30“I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
HEAVENLY TAIL