Thursday, July 11, 2013

Somewhere in amongst it all I lost someone, me.

wtf hedder

Back in about mid March or so I did something I never thought I’d do, I got off my rump and went to Church. Not any church understand but the River Fellowship.

At first it was an okay gig, go three times a week, maybe scam on a few free meals, yippee skippie.

So was hearing how bad peoples lives were in this group of recovering addicts of all kinds. Which made me ask , what happened to our valley? Of course it’s the California move ins, they brought all too many imported narcotics and crackheads into the area, others bought on to the habit and shazzam, dope city.

So then the economy went further into the toilet. Sure I wasn’t making much more money, in fact reduced my income some since my own shop near Burley was running only part time, but I am content, between the hospitality of Big C, and his crew, my comfortable although not big but good for me home. The club(Knytes-of-Anarchy) here keeping me busy with near dead end tasks with a population that seems to feel, why try? Even I had those feelings, still do to some extent, but I wake up every morning , greeting every day to opportunity, how can I do what I’m doing , better? So kept going to Church, hearing how bad people’ lives were, thinking, hey sisters, here we sit at HazzardAyre with on air jobs, paying twice the going wage around here and you can’t find work. Theory was you can’t blend secular and Christian values and attitudes together. HazzardAyre was a bit to much spice in their chili.

Then came Fancy Nancy. She cleaned places, seemed like a cool person, so thought hey scrub the house, clean my crusty shorts, make an extra hundred bucks a month, all happy. In all of it though, I was loosing someone important, in all the Godly thing, namely me. All that I was, all that I am, all I stood for, was eroding. I thought uhuh. Then Nancy needed her ride fixed. For weeks I told her to get it over to me, she waited too long that when she finally did, Charlie caught on to the fix, screamed and no sale. Then Nancy got pissed at me. Not only her, but that entire congregation. Which now that I have shed that from my life, and started regaining my own equilibrium and self, I feel better. Oh don’t get me wrong, I read my bible hourly if not daily. I pray, I attempt to walk in Gods shadow. I go to Church in Hagerman at the real Rivers Edge as we call it, I even get to preach once in awhile. Plus if we need to baptize someone, the Snake River is right there. But there’s no pretense , nothing fake. Its, bikers, truckers , and confederate gearheads getting together to sing praise to God, and worship, not having someone pass the plate around looking for money. Although we are in a fund raising mode right now, still there’s not a daily asking for donations.

Then it seemed like forever that Bryan Bacon finally put me on his Facebook page. Now understand, the trouble started when some half baked near homeless patron of the River got something turned around and gossiped to another. At that point even though many times tried to repair that, again I lost myself, bowing down. This old Wolf don’t bow to no one except Jesus Christ.

Even with all of that, there has not been one person from the River, Nancy, any of them coming by and saying something like I forgive you(me), lets clean the house do your laundry. Seems as if the call out a month ago for help getting a can of Skoal was too much. It wasn’t the getting Skoal that I was seeking, it was the chance to have a sit down, with a Pastor and a as far as I’m concerned a sister/Friend. The drive to Kix66, chat for a bit and try going back to Church. Nope, didn’t, and none of them have either. So be it. I finally found me again, I’m still all things southern, still all things confederate, still all things Hazzard, and know what? I’m more at peace. I gave the problems of the radio station to God, let him take care of it, and guide me. At least I again found me.

L8R Ya’ll

sign off KNYTES WINGS X 2


Quote of the Day:
To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
--Theodore Roosevelt
Jeremiah 32:17““Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.

knyte scar KNYTESTAIL

1044918_463026793788874_117651722_n954825_128965530637821_795060553_n