Sunday, May 19, 2013

Christianity means love, if that’s the case The River Fellowship blew this one

AYRELOG HEADER_thumbHAZZARD AYRE WINGS

The Bible teaches us, that to love Christ we must love our neighbors and others as we do ourselves.

The meaning at its roots of Christianity is love.

If that’s the case, the River Fellowship of Twin Falls Idaho , certainly failed me.

Some would say, I never really gave it a chance, really? How much time, how much of a chance do I have to give?

You ask on numerous times how can I help, you get the response, we’ll let you know.

You ask to head up a bible study for Veteran’s especially Vets of the air, the response is; we’ll see.

You offer to help in the book store of the church, the response is, check with such & such, you call, get told she’ll call back, I’m still waiting for the call.

Same goes for any numerous requests by me to help, to be of some use. Sounds like that church over in Jerome I went to once don’t it?

But for the River Fellowship to just brush me off.

Why not just have an Elder or Pastor come to the Wolf’s Lair here and say, “ We love you, but your attendance at church is no longer welcome” Might as well do that since the response has been purtty much that.

Outside of one young lady who I took on to do cleaning and laundry duty here, and who actually responded with I love you too in finishing up phone calls, the rest of that congregation although somewhat friendly, purtty well snubbed me.

No biggy, as my feelings are not that hurt, its that my pride and all has been a bit bruised here.

But how can a congregation that purports to be doing God’s work on earth here, be that stand-offish?

Now I will not say I wont go back again , as I don’t go for the people, but to worship God, but I can purtty much do that at home. Could it have been me as I was going through my southern roots showing period? Perhaps, but is loving your fellow person, meaning that you look past their frailties? If one in your group, or congregation needs a hug, do you ignore them? Or go up and put your arms around them and say it’ll be okay, God loves you? I think the latter applies.

It makes one wonder at organized religion in general.

It says in our teachings, that where more than three of you gather in my name, there I be . But can God really enter a place with power where there is so much hate and discourse? I think not.

The first few times I went to the River, I truly felt Gods presence, the last few weeks, that presence has not been as strong if there at all, could God, be saying to me this ain’t for you? Or could God just be pee-owed at the River?

It ain’t so much that the radio/tv station half of the River purtty much blew me off, that I expected, the head engineer there has disliked me since I blew off KMVT years ago, likewise KMTW FM, but to dwell on that as a cause for disfellowship ? Naw .

I’m thinking that next Sunday, at the evening meeting, I’m going to ask Pastor Bacon, if I can address that smaller congregation, not to belittle them, but to teach them or show what they have done in hopes they can improve .

As for attending afterwards, we’ll see .

Bottom line, I have yet to have Pastor Bacon, drive over to see me, he has my number, a phone call, lunch, or just a kindly visit would open doors here.

While God tells us to forgive which I do, he also doesn’t expect us to keep putting our hands on a hot stove either.

Talk to ya’ll L8R ,

my good bye AWAVIAASSNLOGO


Quote of the Day:
We are always getting ready to live, but never living.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
James 3:17-18“But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
koa logo hazzardayre tail